African Marigold F1 Tagetes Erecta Taishan Yellow (pack of 20 seeds)
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Marigold African Yellow
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Zendu, Hindi - Genda, Bengali - Genda, Gujarati - Guliharo, Kannada - Seemeshamantige, Malayalam - Chendumalli, Punjabi - Tangla, Sanskrit - Sandu, Tamil - Tulukka Samandi, Telugu - Bantichettu, Urdu - Genda
Compositae or Sunflower family
Tagetes erecta, also known as African marigold, is an annual flowering plant native to Mexico and Central America. It is a popular ornamental plant in gardens and flower beds, producing large, yellow to orange blooms with a distinctive, pungent aroma.
Tagetes erecta is a relatively easy-to-grow plant, thriving in full sun and well-drained soil. It is recommended to sow the seeds directly in the ground after the last frost in the spring or to start them indoors about 6 weeks before the last frost. Space the seedlings about 10 to 12 inches apart to give them room to grow.
Tagetes erecta is a low-maintenance plant, requiring very little care once established. Water the plant regularly, keeping the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. It is also important to fertilize the plant once a month with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer to promote healthy growth and blooming. Pinch back the growing tips of the plant to encourage bushiness and remove any yellow or dead leaves to keep the plant looking its best.
Aside from its ornamental value, Tagetes erecta also has some interesting benefits.
Pest control: The pungent aroma of the plant is believed to repel pests such as aphids, whiteflies, and other insects.
Soil improvement: Tagetes erecta is known for its ability to improve soil health by fixing nitrogen in the soil and suppressing weeds.
Medicinal properties: Some cultures use the leaves and flowers of the plant as a traditional remedy for various health issues, such as digestive problems, skin irritations, and headaches.
Overall, Tagetes erecta is a versatile and attractive plant that adds color and fragrance to gardens and flower beds. Its low maintenance requirements and multiple benefits make it a great addition to any landscape.