Fresh and Fragrant Anethum Graveolens Plant for Aromatic Cooking
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 199.00
Current price Rs. 149.00
- Common name:
- Regional name:
- Hindi – Sowa, Marathi – Surva, Shepu, Bengali – Sowa, Gujarati – Surva, Kannada – Sabasige, Kashmiri – Sor, Punjabi – Sowa, Sanskrit – Sathapushpi, Tamil – Sathakuppi, Sompa, Telugu – Sabasiege, Urdu - Sowa
- Shrubs, Medicinal Plants, Vegetable
- Apiaceae or Carrot family
- Sun growing
- Primarily grown for:
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- Less than 50 cms
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Attracts bees
- Insect or mosquito repellent
- - Plants 3 feet tall and 6 to 12 inches wide.
- Seeds and leaves used for pickling
- Dwarf, compact plant does not need staking in the garden and will not topple over, making it perfect for patio containers.
- Will flower later, allowing for an extended ornamental period.
- Can also be used for traditional dill culinary purposes.
- European Dill (Anetheum graveolens) is indigenous to Europe and is cultivated in England, Germany, Romania, Turkey, USA and Russia. The Indian dill (Anetheum sowa), a native of Northern India is bolder than the European dill. It is cultivated as a cold weather crop in many parts of India.
- Dill seed is used both whole and ground as a condiment in soups, salads, processed meats, sausages and pickling. Dill stems and blossom heads are used for dill pickles. The essential oil is used in the manufacture of soaps. Both seeds and oil are used in indigenous medicinal preparations. The emulsion of dill oil in water is an aromatic carminative.
- - Dill is easy to grow and usually the seeds are directly sown in pots or the ground.
- Can be harvested tender for making a leafy vegetable.
- Looks good even as an ornamental.
- Plants fill flower in around 8 yo 10 weeks time.
- Water and nutritional requirements are normal.