Discover the Healing Benefits of Artemisia Species | Mugwort, Indian Wormwood, and Fleabane
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Mugwort, Indian Wormwood, Fleabane
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Nagdona, Davana, Manipuri - Leibakngou, Marathi - Dhordavana, Gondhomaro, Tamil - Makkippu, Malayalam - Makkippuvu, Masipatri, Telugu - Masipatri, Kannada - Manjepatre, Urigattige, Bengali - Nagadana, Oriya - Dayona, Konkani - Surpin
- Medicinal Plants, Groundcovers
- Compositae or Sunflower family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- August, September, October, November
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Cream, Off white, Light Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Suitable for road median planting
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- Indian Wormwood is an aromatic shrub, 1-2 m high, yellow or dark red small flowers, grows throughout India in hills up to 2400 m elevation. This medicinal herb is erect, hairy, often half-woody. The stems are leafy and branched. The leaves are pinnately lobed, 5-14 cm long, gray beneath. Mugwort blossoms with reddish brown or yellow flowers. The flowers are freely small and stand in long narrow clusters at the top of the stem. The fruit (achene) is minute. It is believed that Indian Wormwood drives away insects. So the leaves and flowers are put in boxes and cupboards.
- - Plants are easy to grow.
- Requires well drained fertile soils.
- Can be used effectively as a ground cover. Plant at spacing of 30 to 40 cms distance for even coverage.
- Cut to near ground level after flowering is over. The plants will sprout back and look good