Samudrapala, Argyreia nervosa - Bastantri, Elephant creeper Live plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 299.00
Current price Rs. 179.00
- Common name:
- Elephant Creeper, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Silky Elephant Glory, Woolly Morning Glory
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Ghav Bel, Samundar-ka-pat, Samudra-sokh, Vidhara, Marathi - Gugguli, Samudrasoka, Tamil - Katar-palai, Samuttira-p-palai, Malayalam - Samudrappacha, Telugu - Chandra Poda, Kannada - Samudra Haale, Samudravalli, Bengali - Bichtarak, Goguli
- Climbers, Creepers & Vines
- Convolvulaceae or Morning glory family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- March, April, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Green, Blue Grey or Silver
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Form:
- Climbing or growing on support
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Can grow on trellis or chain link fencing
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Old variety plants may be difficult to get
- Elephant Creeper is a vigorous vine native to India, introduced world-wide. It has large, leathery heart-shaped leaves, which are white on the underside due to hairs. It is called elephant creeper because of the large leaves which look like elephant ears. Leaf blades are 15-25 cm long, and 13-20 cm wide, heart-shaped. Trumpet-shaped flowers are borne in cymes, on long, white-velvety stalks. Sepals are 1.3-1.5 cm long, velvety like the leaves. Flower-stalks are up to 15 cm long. Flowers are 5-7.5 cm long, with a short tube and bell-shaped limb, lavender to pink, the throat being of a darker shade. The flowers are followed by hard, woody capsules, which when they ripen break open to resemble miniature roses. The toxic seeds should not be eaten as they contain alkaloids.
- - An easy to grow climber. Never fails to attract attention.
- Plants grow quickly and bloom in profusion.
- Good and strong support should be provided as the vine is quite heavy.
- Godd well drained and fertile soils are best suited.