Mediterranean Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) for Sale: Add Elegance and History to Your Landscape Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Info: The Mediterranean cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) is a tall, evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean region. With its conical shape and dense, dark green foliage, it's a classic feature in many landscapes and is often used as an ornamental tree.
- Location: Choose a sunny spot with well-drained soil.
- Spacing: Plant the trees 3-5 feet apart for a hedge or at least 10 feet apart for individual specimens.
- Planting Depth: Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and as deep, then place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Watering: Water well after planting and keep the soil moist for the first few months.
- Soil: Prefers slightly acidic to neutral soil, but tolerates a range of soil types.
- Sunlight: Needs full sun.
- Watering: Once established, cypress is drought-tolerant, but regular watering in dry periods helps.
- Fertilizing: Use a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring.
- Pruning: Trim to shape in late winter or early spring.
- Pest Control: Watch for aphids and spider mites and treat if necessary.
- Disease Control: Proper spacing and pruning can help prevent fungal diseases.
- Winter Care: Though hardy, in extremely cold climates, it may require protection.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Its distinctive appearance adds elegance to landscapes.
- Windbreaks and Privacy: It can provide a wind barrier or privacy screen.
- Ecological Value: It offers shelter to birds and certain small mammals.
- Cultural Significance: Often associated with mourning in some cultures, it has historical and symbolic value.
- Low Maintenance: Once established, requires minimal care.