Dendrolobium Umbellatum - Vibrant and Hardy Shrub For Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Dendrolobium umbellatum, commonly known as the umbrella dendrolobium, is a plant species found in the pea family, Fabaceae. It's native to Australia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific islands. This plant has a dense, bushy habit and features clusters of small, yellow flowers. Its typical habitats include forest margins and open woodlands.
Plantation & Growing
1. Soil Requirements Dendrolobium umbellatum prefers well-drained soil. It can tolerate a variety of soil types, including loam, clay, and sandy soil. However, it thrives best in slightly acidic to neutral pH.
2. Light Requirements This plant prefers full sunlight to partial shade. It's best to place it in a location where it can receive at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
3. Watering Water the plant regularly but allow the soil to dry out between waterings. Overwatering can lead to root rot.
4. Propagation Dendrolobium umbellatum can be propagated through seeds or cuttings. For seed propagation, soak the seeds in warm water overnight before sowing. For cuttings, choose a healthy branch and plant it in well-draining soil.
1. Pruning Regular pruning is required to maintain its bushy shape. Remove dead or diseased branches immediately to prevent spread of diseases.
2. Fertilizer A balanced, slow-release fertilizer can be applied during the growing season for optimum growth. Avoid over-fertilizing, which can lead to excessive leaf growth at the expense of flowers.
3. Pest and Disease Control Watch out for common pests like aphids and spider mites. Use organic or chemical pesticides as needed. This plant is generally disease resistant, but poor conditions may lead to problems like root rot and powdery mildew.
1. Ornamental Use Due to its dense, bushy habit and bright, yellow flowers, Dendrolobium umbellatum serves as an attractive plant for ornamental use in gardens and landscapes. It can also be used as a natural fence or privacy screen.
2. Biodiversity Being a part of the pea family, this plant helps improve soil fertility by fixing atmospheric nitrogen. It provides food and habitat for several species of insects and birds, thereby contributing to biodiversity.
3. Traditional Medicine In some traditional medicines, parts of this plant have been used for their purported health benefits, though more research is needed to substantiate these claims.