Exotic Dwarf Date Palms: Phoenix Pusilla, P. Zeylanica, Ceylon Date Palm, Inchu Palm & More!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Ceylon Date Palm, Inchu Palm, Dwarf Date Palm, Small Wind Date
- Regional name:
- Sanskrit - Parusakah, Hindhi - Palavat, Malyalam - Chitteenthal, Tamil - Siruintu, Kannada - Indu
- Palms and Cycads, Shrubs
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Fruit or Seed
- Flowering season:
- Flowers in flushes throughout the year, Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded, Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for screening
- Thorny or Spiny
- Recommended for creating shade
- Suitable for road median planting
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- - A very slow growing palm. Rarely seen with a trunk taller than 5 to 6 feet.
- The trunk usally does not grow more than 1 feet in diameter.
- 8-10 feet long leaves are erect and arching only near their ends.
- The fruit are interesting ripening to a red or violet colour and with sweet edible pulp.
- - Grow to full sun.
- Requires well drained soil.
- Can be grown in pots as well.
- Good for planting in lawns - where there is no human movement. This is becasue the leaves are quite spiny.