Shop the Strikingly Beautiful Variegated Mantaly Plant - Terminalia mantaly tricolor
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Variegated Mantaly
- Trees, Shrubs
- Combretaceae or Terminalia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Variegated, Green, Cream or off white
- Plant Height or length:
- 6 to 8 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Terminalia mantaly is a species of tree that is native to Madagascar. It is commonly known as the "tricolor terminalia" due to the distinct coloration of its leaves, which are green on top and silver-white on the bottom. The tree can grow up to 30 meters tall and has a wide, spreading canopy. The tree is also know for its wood which is very hard and durable, it is used for furniture and construction. The species is considered to be endangered due to habitat loss.
Terminalia mantaly tricolor is a relatively hardy and low-maintenance tree. The tree should be planted in full sun, in well-drained soil. It is tolerant of a wide range of soil types, but prefers a slightly acidic to neutral pH. It is drought-tolerant and can grow in dry areas but it will grow faster and with more lush foliage if it is provided with regular water. The tree has a moderate growth rate and can reach a height of 30 meters, that's why regular pruning is necessary to control its size. During its growth it will require moderate fertilization to help it grow, it can be fertilized in Spring and/or Fall. It is resistant to pests and diseases, but it may be susceptible to powdery mildew in humid climates or when grown in too-shaded conditions.
Overall, the tricolor Terminalia mantaly is a beautiful tree that makes a good addition to gardens, parks, and other large outdoor spaces, where it can be appreciated for its unique leaves coloration, and its shade.
Terminalia mantaly tricolor, like many other species of Terminalia, is known for its medicinal properties. The tree's leaves, bark, and fruit have been used in traditional medicine for a variety of ailments, including fever, diarrhea, and wounds.
The tree's wood is also known for its durability and resistance to rot, making it useful for construction and furniture-making.
The tree also has an ecological benefit, it is a host plant for the caterpillar of the Madagascan sunset moth, and the tree is considered an important source of food and habitat for wildlife.
Additionally, the tree can provide shade and be used as an ornamental plant in landscaping and gardening. Its unique leaves coloration make it an interesting addition to any garden, park or large outdoor space.
Please note that this information is based on traditional use and some studies, consult with a healthcare professional before using any plants for medicinal purposes, and not all the benefits have been scientifically proved.