Bring the Beauty of Persia to Your Garden with Abutilon Persicum - The Persian Mallow Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 199.00
Current price Rs. 149.00
- Common name:
- Abutilon persicum, Persian Mallow plant
- Regional name:
Bengali - Harkakra, Kannada - Arasinhu, Malayalam - Kolaambi, Telugu - Allenandatheega, Marathi - Pivlee Ghunti, Hindi - Pilaghanti
- Malvaceae Hibiscus or Cotton family
1. Introduction to Abutilon persicum
Abutilon persicum, also known as the Indian mallow or the flowering maple, is a perennial shrub belonging to the Malvaceae family. It is native to India, and is known for its vibrant, bell-shaped flowers and heart-shaped leaves. The plant has both ornamental and medicinal uses, making it a valuable addition to your garden.
- Location: Choose a sunny to partially shaded location with well-draining soil.
- Soil: Abutilon persicum prefers loamy, fertile soil with a pH range of 6.0-7.5.
- Spacing: Plant the shrubs 3-4 feet apart to ensure proper air circulation and growth.
- Planting Time: The ideal time for planting is during early spring or autumn.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, but avoid overwatering as it can lead to root rot. Water when the top inch of soil feels dry.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune the plant regularly to promote bushiness and remove dead or diseased branches.
- Pest Control: Inspect the plant for pests like aphids and whiteflies. Use insecticidal soap or neem oil to control infestations.
- Sunlight: Provide at least 6 hours of direct sunlight or bright, indirect light daily.
- Temperature: Abutilon persicum thrives in temperatures between 60-85°F (15-29°C).
- Humidity: Maintain moderate humidity levels, especially during the flowering period.
- Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Ornamental Value: Abutilon persicum adds color and interest to gardens, balconies, and patios with its showy flowers and lush foliage.
- Medicinal Uses: The plant has been used in traditional medicine to treat various ailments, such as digestive disorders, respiratory issues, and skin conditions.
- Wildlife Attraction: The nectar-rich flowers attract pollinators like bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds, promoting biodiversity in your garden.