Bring Vibrant Color to Your Garden with the Acalypha Hispida Red Leaves Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Acalypha Hispida Red Leaves
- Regional name:
- Hindi: Kuppi (कुप्पी), Khajoti (खजोती), Lajwanti (लजवंती)
- Marathi: Kupi (कुपी), Kharbot (खरबोट), Lajalu (लजाळू)
- Gujarati: Kuppi (કુપ્પી), Khajoti (ખજોટી), Lajwanti (લજવંતી)
- Bengali: Muktajhuri (মুক্তাঝুড়ি), Swarnajhuri (স্বর্ণঝুড়ি)
- Tamil: Poonamayakki (பூணமயக்கி), Kuppaimeni (குப்பைமேனி)
- Telugu: Harita-manjari (హరిత మంజరి), Kuppichettu (కుప్పిచెట్టు)
- Malayalam: Kuppameni (കുപ്പമേനി), Poduthalai (പൊടുതല)
- Kannada: Kuppigida (ಕುಪ್ಪಿಗಿಡ), Kuppipala (ಕುಪ್ಪಿಪಲ)
- Shrubs, Medicinal Plants, Flowering Pot Plants
- Euphorbiaceae or Poinsettia family
Acalypha Hispida Red Leaves Plant Full Guide
Introduction Acalypha hispida, commonly known as the Red Hot Cat's Tail or Chenille Plant, is an attractive, tropical ornamental shrub that is native to the Pacific Islands. It is popular for its red, fuzzy, and unique catkin-like flowers, along with its glossy, green leaves.
- Location: Acalypha hispida thrives in bright, indirect light, and can tolerate partial shade. It is best to grow it outdoors in a sheltered spot or indoors near a well-lit window.
- Soil: This plant prefers well-draining, fertile soil, with a pH range of 6.1 to 7.8. Adding organic matter, such as compost, can enhance soil quality.
- Planting: Plant the Acalypha hispida in a hole that is twice the size of its root ball. Space multiple plants about 3 to 4 feet apart to allow for proper growth.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but avoid overwatering. Water when the top inch of soil feels dry to the touch.
- Temperature: Acalypha hispida prefers temperatures between 60-85°F (15-29°C). Protect it from frost, as it is not cold-hardy.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer every two months during the growing season to encourage healthy growth.
- Pruning: Regularly prune the plant to maintain its shape and encourage bushiness. Remove dead or damaged branches and spent flowers as needed.
- Pests and Diseases: Keep an eye out for common pests such as aphids, spider mites, and mealybugs. Treat infestations with insecticidal soap or neem oil. Watch for diseases like root rot, which can be avoided with proper watering techniques.
- Ornamental Value: Acalypha hispida adds a unique and vibrant touch to gardens, patios, and indoor spaces with its stunning red flowers and lush foliage.
- Air Purification: This plant is known to help purify the air by absorbing pollutants, making it a beneficial addition to indoor spaces.
- Low Maintenance: Acalypha hispida is relatively easy to care for, making it an ideal choice for both beginner and experienced gardeners.