Adiantum capillus-veneris | The Majestic Maidenhair Fern Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Trailing Maidenhair, Walking Maidenhair Fern
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Hansraj, Hindi - Hansraj, Gujarati - Hanspadi, Kannada - Pursha, Punjabi - Gunkiri, Sanskrit - Brahmadani, Tamil - Mayisikki.
- Ferns, Indoor Plants
- Polypodiaceae or Fern family
Adiantum capillus-veneris, commonly known as Maidenhair fern, is a delicate and graceful fern native to the Americas and the West Indies. This fern is prized for its delicate, airy foliage, which forms lacy, dark green fronds that grow up to 1 foot tall. The name “capillus-veneris” means “venerable hair,” which is a reference to the fern's delicate, hair-like fronds.
Adiantum capillus-veneris is an ideal plant for growing in a shady location, such as a terrarium, greenhouse, or shaded window. It prefers high humidity and well-drained, moist soil. The plant can be grown from spores of the fronds, or from spores of the rhizomes.
Maidenhair ferns require consistent moisture, and should be kept consistently moist, but not wet. If the soil becomes too dry, the fronds will turn yellow and eventually die. They should be fertilized once a month with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer, and their potting mix should be changed once a year.
Adiantum capillus-veneris is not only a beautiful ornamental plant, but it also has a number of health benefits. It is known to help purify the air in your home, and is thought to be helpful in reducing indoor air pollution. Additionally, the fern is a natural humidifier, which can help keep your skin and hair hydrated, especially during dry seasons. Maidenhair ferns are also said to have a calming effect, and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
In conclusion, Adiantum capillus-veneris is a delicate and beautiful fern that is easy to care for and provides a number of health benefits. Whether you grow it in a terrarium, greenhouse, or shaded window, this fern is sure to add a touch of grace and elegance to any space.