Bring Elegance to Your Space with the Majestic Anthurium Vaitchii
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 199.00
Current price Rs. 149.00
- Common name:
- King Anthurium
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Anthurium
- Indoor Plants, Shrubs
- Araceae or Alocasia family
King Anthurium, also known as Anthurium veitchii, is a beautiful tropical plant known for its long, rippled leaves and exotic appearance. This guide will cover everything you need to know about King Anthurium, from plantation to growing, care, and its various benefits.
- Scientific name: Anthurium veitchii
- Common name: King Anthurium
- Family: Araceae
- Origin: Colombia
- Growth habit: Upright with long, pendulous leaves
- Size: 3 to 6 feet tall
- Zone: 11-12 (tropical climates)
- Location: Choose a location with bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Soil: Plant King Anthurium in well-draining, rich, and slightly acidic soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.5. A mix of peat moss, perlite, and orchid bark works well.
- Container: Choose a pot with drainage holes that is 1-2 inches larger in diameter than the root ball of your plant.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. Water when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch.
- Temperature: Maintain a temperature range of 65-80°F (18-27°C) for optimal growth.
- Humidity: King Anthurium thrives in high humidity (60-80%). Use a humidifier, pebble tray, or frequent misting to maintain adequate humidity levels.
- Fertilization: Fertilize monthly with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half strength during the growing season.
- Pruning: Regularly remove dead or yellowing leaves to promote healthy growth and maintain the plant's appearance.
- Repotting: Repot every 2-3 years or when the roots outgrow the pot. Gently remove the plant, trim any dead or damaged roots, and place it in a new pot with fresh soil.
- Pest Control: Inspect the plant regularly for pests such as aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites. Treat infestations with insecticidal soap or neem oil.
- Air Purification: King Anthurium is known to purify the air by removing toxins such as formaldehyde, ammonia, and xylene.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The unique and stunning foliage of King Anthurium adds a tropical and exotic touch to your home or office.
- Low Maintenance: Despite its exotic appearance, King Anthurium is relatively low-maintenance, making it an excellent choice for both experienced and novice plant enthusiasts.
By following this guide, you can successfully grow and care for your King Anthurium plant, enjoying its beauty and benefits for years to come.