Bring Home the Royalty of the Palm Kingdom with the Archontophoenix Alexandrae Palm Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- King Palm, Alexandra Palm, Alex Palm
- Palms and Cycads, Trees
- Palmae or Coconut family
The Alexandra Palm (Archontophoenix alexandrae), also known as the King Palm, is an elegant palm species native to Australia. It is a popular choice for landscaping and as a houseplant due to its attractive appearance and relatively low maintenance requirements.
- Common names: Alexandra Palm, King Palm
- Scientific name: Archontophoenix alexandrae
- Origin: Australia
- Type: Palm
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Mature height: 50-65 feet
- Cold hardiness: USDA Zones 9-11
- Location: Choose a location with well-draining soil and full sun or partial shade. Provide ample space for growth, as Alexandra Palms can reach up to 65 feet in height.
- Soil: Plant in a well-draining, loamy soil with a pH between 6.1 and 7.8.
- Planting: Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball, then gently lower the palm into the hole. Fill the hole with soil, ensuring the root ball is slightly above the soil line.
- Water: Water deeply after planting and maintain consistent moisture levels, particularly during the first few years as the palm establishes itself.
- Fertilization: Apply a slow-release palm-specific fertilizer every 3-4 months to support healthy growth.
- Pruning: Prune off dead or damaged fronds as needed to maintain a clean appearance. Avoid over-pruning, as this can harm the plant.
- Pests: Monitor for pests such as spider mites, scale insects, and mealybugs. Treat with insecticidal soap or neem oil if infestations occur.
- Disease: Watch for fungal diseases, particularly during periods of high humidity. If symptoms such as leaf spots or root rot appear, consult a local expert for appropriate treatment.
- Water: Water consistently, allowing the top inch of soil to dry slightly between waterings. Mature palms may require less frequent watering.
- Temperature: Alexandra Palms prefer temperatures between 65-85°F (18-29°C). Protect them from frost and extreme cold.
- Humidity: Maintain moderate humidity levels, as excessive humidity can lead to fungal diseases.
- Landscaping: The Alexandra Palm is an excellent choice for landscaping due to its graceful, tropical appearance and relatively low maintenance requirements.
- Indoor Plant: When grown in a container, Alexandra Palms make attractive indoor plants and can help improve indoor air quality.
- Wildlife Attraction: The palm's flowers attract a variety of pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, while its fruits can provide food for birds.