Discover the Nutritional Benefits of the Sugar Palm Fruit - Arenga pinnata
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Sugar Palm, Gomuti Palm, Aren
- Palms and Cycads
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- More than 12 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 8 to 12 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for screening
- Thorny or Spiny
- Suitable for road median planting
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Good on seaside
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- - Origin - India, South - East Asia
- This palm, originally from India and South East Asia, is now widely cultivated throughout tropical Asia for its many useful products, some of which are saleable items.
-These include sago, sugar, vinegar and alcoholic beverages.
-It is a very distinctive monocarpic palm with a thick, black fibrous trunk, long spines on the leaf-bases and a dense, erect crown of finely pinnate leaves with drooping, dark green leaflets which are satiny white beneath
-The flower and fruit are carried in larg,drooping panicles and the purple flower have an unpleasant odour.
- -The palm succeeds best in the tropics where it can be quite fast growing, reaching maturity within ten year.
-It need rich, well-drained soil and plenty of water throughout the year.
-Plant will tolerate direct sun when quite small.