Discover the Beauty of Wavy Leaf Arenga | A Majestic and Versatile Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Wavy Leaf Arenga
- Palms and Cycads, Trees
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- March, April, May, June, September, October
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Green, Blue
- Plant Height or length:
- 6 to 8 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 6 to 8 meters
- Plant Form:
- Arenga undulatifolia is a species of palm tree in the Arenga genus. It is native to the islands of Java and Bali in Indonesia, and is known for its attractive, deeply-divided fronds and straight, slender trunk. The tree can grow up to 30 meters tall, and is often used as an ornamental plant in gardens and landscaping. It is also known by the common names Java sugar palm, Bali sugar palm, and undulating arenga palm. It is sometimes used for its sweet, edible sap, which is harvested to make palm sugar.
- Arenga undulatifolia is a relatively easy tree to care for. It is tolerant of a wide range of soil types and climates, but prefers well-draining soil and a sunny or partially shaded location. It is drought-tolerant once established, but will benefit from regular watering, especially during dry periods. The tree should be fertilized with a balanced palm fertilizer once or twice a year, in the spring and fall. Pruning is not usually necessary, but if the tree becomes overgrown, the dead fronds can be trimmed off at the base. The tree can be propagated by seed or by planting offsets that form at the base of the trunk.
- Arenga undulatifolia is a beautiful and ornamental tree that can add a tropical touch to any landscape. In addition to its aesthetic value, the tree has a number of practical benefits. Its sweet, edible sap can be harvested and used to make palm sugar, which is a popular sweetener in Southeast Asia. The tree's strong, straight trunk and deeply-divided fronds make it a popular choice for use in thatching roofs and walls, and the leaves can also be woven into baskets and other handicrafts. Arenga undulatifolia is also known to attract a variety of wildlife, including birds and butterflies, which can make it a valuable addition to a garden or natural area.