Sturdy and Low Maintenance Cast Iron Plants | Aspidistra elatior and A. lurida for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 199.00
Current price Rs. 169.00
- Common name:
- Cast Iron Plant
- Indoor Plants, Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Liliaceae or Lily family
- Semi shade, Shade growing, Low light tolerant
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Special Character:
- Good for Cut foliage
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - Aspidistra elatior was a commonly used house plant. It still gives all the new introductions a run for their money.
- Cut leaves are used in decoration in flower arrangements and bouquets.
- Plants have a ginger like rhizome, they are thick-rooted.
- Plants are compact and have long leathery leaves. These can be cleaned to a metallic shine.
- Bell shaped purple flowers.
- Leaves are 30 to 60 cms long and 8 to 12 cms wide.
- With good care plants grow about 80 cms tall.
- - It is a hardy, shade loving plant.
- It with-stands not only heat but also cold, wet soil, drought, dust, neglect and dimly lit places.
- Given a choice it prefers high humidity and cool temperatures.
- Use a well drained standard potting mix.
- Keep constantly moist fertilize in spring and summer.
- For cut foliage plants need to be grown in high humidity areas for a substantial lead yield.