Buy Yellow Bauhinia Tomentosa - A Beautiful and Versatile Perennial Plant for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- St Thomas Tree, Bell Bauhinia
- Regional name:
- Marathi- Pivala Kanchan, Hindi - Chota Kachnar
- Shrubs, Trees
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- March, April, May, June, July, August
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Yellow, Brown
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Bauhinia tomentosa, also known as the "Downy Orchid Tree," is a species of flowering plant in the legume family. It is native to the Caribbean and is found in the Bahamas, Cuba, and other islands in the region. The plant is known for its attractive, orchid-like flowers that bloom in shades of pink or purple. The flowers are large and showy, and they are borne on long, pendant stems. The leaves of the Bauhinia tomentosa are broad and green, with a velvety texture due to the presence of tiny hairs on the surface. The plant is fast-growing and can reach a height of up to 20 feet. It is drought-tolerant and can thrive in a range of soil types, although it prefers well-draining soil. Bauhinia tomentosa is often grown as an ornamental plant in tropical and subtropical regions. It is also used medicinally in traditional Caribbean medicine.
To care for a Bauhinia tomentosa plant, it is important to provide it with adequate sunlight, water, and nutrients. Here are some tips to help you care for your Bauhinia tomentosa:
Sunlight: Bauhinia tomentosa plants prefer full sun to partial shade, and they should receive at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
Water: Water your Bauhinia tomentosa plant regularly, keeping the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. During hot, dry periods, you may need to water your plant more frequently.
Fertilizer: Feed your Bauhinia tomentosa plant with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season. Follow the instructions on the label for the appropriate amount of fertilizer to use.
Pruning: Prune your Bauhinia tomentosa plant to shape it and remove any dead or damaged branches. Prune the plant in the late winter or early spring, before new growth begins.
Pests and diseases: Bauhinia tomentosa plants may be susceptible to pests such as aphids and scale insects, as well as diseases such as leaf spot and powdery mildew. To prevent or control these problems, keep your plant well-watered and fertilized, and remove any affected leaves or branches as soon as you notice them.
By following these care tips, your Bauhinia tomentosa plant should thrive and produce beautiful, showy flowers.
Bauhinia tomentosa, or the Downy Orchid Tree, is a tropical plant with a number of potential health benefits. Here are a few examples:
Antioxidant properties: Bauhinia tomentosa has been shown to contain high levels of antioxidants, which can help to protect the body's cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies have suggested that Bauhinia tomentosa may have anti-inflammatory properties, which could be beneficial for reducing inflammation in the body.
Blood sugar regulation: Bauhinia tomentosa has been traditionally used to help regulate blood sugar levels, and some studies have suggested that it may be effective in managing diabetes.
Wound healing: Bauhinia tomentosa has been used in traditional medicine to promote the healing of wounds and cuts.
It is important to note that while Bauhinia tomentosa may have some potential health benefits, more research is needed to confirm these effects. As with any natural remedy, it is always a good idea to speak with a healthcare provider before using it as a treatment..