Exotic and Rare Palms: Brahea armata, Erythea armata, Erythea glauca, Erythea roezlii
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Hesper Blue Palm, Mexican Blue Palm
- Palms and Cycads, Trees
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Sun growing
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- September, October, November, December, Flowers are inconspicuous
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Cream, Off white, Light Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Blue Grey or Silver, Blue, Green
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded, Upright or Erect
- Brahea armata, also known as Mexican blue palm, is a slow-growing palm tree that is native to Mexico. It has a single trunk and can grow up to 30 feet tall. The leaves are blue-gray in color and fan-shaped. The plant produces small yellow flowers, which are followed by small black fruit. Brahea armata is drought-tolerant and can tolerate a wide range of temperatures, making it a popular choice for landscaping in dry and warm climates. It prefers full sun and well-draining soil. This palm tree is also resistant to pests and diseases, making it a low-maintenance plant.
To care for a Brahea armata, follow these guidelines:
Plant your Brahea armata in an area that gets full sun and has well-draining soil.
Water your palm tree regularly, but be careful not to over-water it. Brahea armata is drought-tolerant and can survive with minimal watering, but it will grow faster and be healthier with regular watering.
Fertilize your Brahea armata once a month during the growing season (spring through summer) with a balanced palm fertilizer.
Prune your palm tree as needed to remove any dead or damaged leaves.
Protect your Brahea armata from freezing temperatures by covering it with a frost blanket or moving it indoors if necessary.
Check for pests and diseases regularly and treat as needed. Brahea armata is generally resistant to pests and diseases, but it can still be affected by problems such as scale insects and fungal infections.
By following these care guidelines, you can help your Brahea armata grow healthy and strong.
Brahea armata, also known as Mexican blue palm, has a number of benefits when grown in the landscape:
Attractive appearance: The blue-gray leaves and tall, single trunk of Brahea armata make it an attractive addition to any landscape.
Drought-tolerant: This palm tree is well adapted to dry, warm climates and can survive with minimal watering.
Low maintenance: Brahea armata is resistant to pests and diseases, making it a low-maintenance plant.
Cold hardy: Brahea armata can tolerate a wide range of temperatures and can survive in areas with mild to moderate frost.
Versatile: Brahea armata can be used as a specimen plant in the landscape or grown in containers. It can also be used in landscaping for commercial properties, such as shopping centers or office buildings.
Overall, Brahea armata is a durable and attractive plant that is well suited to warm, dry climates. It is an excellent choice for landscaping in areas where other plants may struggle to thrive.