Bring Home the Majestic Beauty of Calathea Insignis - Rattlesnake Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 199.00
Current price Rs. 149.00
- Common name:
- Rattlesnake Plant
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Calathea
- Shrubs, Water & Aquatic Plants, Indoor Plants
- Marantaceae or Maranta family
Calathea Insignis, also known as the Rattlesnake Plant, is a popular houseplant native to the tropical rainforests of Brazil. It is known for its strikingly patterned leaves that resemble the skin of a rattlesnake. This guide will provide you with comprehensive information on planting, growing, caring for, and the benefits of this attractive plant.
- Choosing the Right Spot: Calathea Insignis thrives in medium to low light conditions, so choose a spot with indirect sunlight or filtered light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it may cause the leaves to lose their vibrant colors or burn.
- Soil: This plant prefers well-draining, slightly acidic soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.5. A mix of potting soil, peat moss, and perlite in a 2:1:1 ratio is ideal.
- Pot and Drainage: Select a pot with drainage holes to prevent root rot. The pot should be large enough to accommodate the plant's growth but not excessively large, as Calatheas prefer to be slightly root-bound.
- Watering: Maintain consistently moist soil without overwatering. Water the plant when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch. Use room temperature, filtered, or distilled water to avoid damaging the leaves with chemicals or minerals.
- Humidity: Calathea Insignis requires high humidity levels, around 60-70%. To maintain humidity, place the pot on a tray of pebbles with water, or use a humidifier. You can also mist the plant regularly with water.
- Temperature: This plant thrives in temperatures between 65-75°F (18-24°C). Keep it away from drafts, air vents, or sudden temperature changes.
- Fertilization: Feed the plant with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half strength every 4-6 weeks during the growing season (spring and summer). Avoid fertilizing during the dormant period (fall and winter).
- Pruning: Regularly remove dead or yellowing leaves to maintain the plant's appearance and promote healthy growth. Prune any damaged roots when repotting.
- Repotting: Repot the Calathea Insignis every 1-2 years or when the roots outgrow the pot. Choose a pot that is only 1-2 inches larger in diameter than the current one to prevent the plant from sitting in too much soil.
- Air Purification: Calathea Insignis is known to help remove toxins and pollutants from the air, improving indoor air quality.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Its attractive foliage adds a touch of beauty and tropical charm to any living space.
- Low Light Tolerance: Its ability to thrive in low light conditions makes it an ideal choice for spaces with limited natural light.
- Non-Toxic: This plant is considered non-toxic and is safe for homes with pets and children.