The Miniature Wonder | Calliandra Brivipes Powderpuff Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Powderpuff Mini
- Regional name:
- Marathu - Powderpuff Mini
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Single flower has many colors viz., Pink, Light Pink, White
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Attracts birds
- Attracts butterflies
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- Calliandra brivipes is a flowering plant native to Mexico and Central America. It is a small shrub or tree that grows to a height of about 2-3 meters. The leaves are pinnately compound and the flowers are small and pink or purple in color. The plant is often used as an ornamental in gardens and landscaping due to its attractive flowers and lush foliage. It is also known to attract pollinators such as bees and butterflies. The plant is drought-tolerant and can grow in a variety of soil types, but it prefers well-draining soil and full sun exposure. It can be propagated by seed or by cuttings.
To care for Calliandra brivipes, it is important to provide the plant with well-draining soil, full sun exposure, and adequate water. The plant is drought-tolerant and can tolerate dry conditions, but it will thrive with regular watering, especially during hot and dry weather. It is a good idea to water the plant deeply and allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. In general, the plant should be watered about once a week, but this may vary depending on the climate and weather conditions.
It is also important to fertilize Calliandra brivipes regularly to promote healthy growth. A balanced fertilize, such as a 10-10-10 formula, can be applied once a month during the growing season. The plant may also benefit from the addition of compost or other organic matter to the soil to help improve its structure and fertility.
In terms of pruning, Calliandra brivipes does not require much maintenance. It can be pruned to shape the plant or to remove damaged or diseased branches. It is a good idea to prune the plant in the late winter or early spring before new growth begins.
Finally, Calliandra brivipes is generally resistant to pests and diseases, but it may be prone to infestations of aphids, mites, and scale insects. These pests can be controlled with the use of horticultural oil or an insecticidal soap. It is a good idea to regularly inspect the plant for signs of pests and to take action as needed to control any infestations.
Calliandra brivipes is a beautiful flowering plant that has several benefits. Some of the benefits of this plant include:
Ornamental value: Calliandra brivipes has attractive pink or purple flowers and lush foliage, making it a popular choice for gardens and landscaping.
Pollinator attraction: The flowers of Calliandra brivipes are known to attract pollinators such as bees and butterflies, which can be beneficial for the overall health of the garden.
Drought tolerance: This plant is drought-tolerant and can survive in dry conditions, making it a good choice for areas with limited water resources.
Low maintenance: Calliandra brivipes is generally a low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for. It is resistant to pests and diseases and does not require much pruning.
Versatility: Calliandra brivipes can be grown in a variety of soil types and can tolerate full sun or partial shade. It can be used in a variety of garden settings, including as a border plant, a ground cover, or a container plant.