Discover the Beauty of Powderpuff Dwarf (Calliandra emarginata)
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Powderpuff Dwarf
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Estimated Life Span:
- Very long lived
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for making bonsai
- Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts birds
- Attracts butterflies
- Suitable for road median planting
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- Calliandra emarginata, commonly known as the pink powderpuff or pink fairy duster, is a flowering shrub native to Central and South America. It is known for its delicate, pink powderpuff-like flowers that bloom year-round in warm climates. The plant grows to a height of 3-6 feet and has fern-like, green leaves. It is drought-tolerant and does well in well-draining soil. It prefers full sun to partial shade and is often used as an ornamental plant in gardens or as a hedge. In the right conditions, it can be grown as a houseplant. It is not toxic to humans or animals.
To care for Calliandra emarginata, follow these tips:
- Plant in well-draining soil, as the plant does not tolerate standing water.
- Place in an area with full sun to partial shade.
- Water regularly, but allow the soil to dry out between watering.
- Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season.
- Prune regularly to maintain a desired shape and size.
- In colder climates, the plant can be grown in a container and brought indoors during the winter.
Calliandra emarginata is generally low-maintenance and can thrive with minimal care. It is a drought-tolerant plant, but it is important not to let the soil dry out completely. Regular watering and fertilizing during the growing season will help the plant thrive and produce more flowers. Pruning can be done to shape the plant and remove any dead or damaged branches. In colder climates, the plant can be grown in a container and brought indoors during the winter to protect it from frost.
Calliandra emarginata has several benefits when used in landscaping or as a houseplant. Some of these benefits include:
Attractive flowers: The plant produces delicate, powderpuff-like flowers that are pink or red in color. These flowers bloom year-round in warm climates and can add a pop of color to a garden or indoor space.
Low-maintenance: Calliandra emarginata is a low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for. It is drought-tolerant and can thrive with minimal watering and fertilizing.
Drought-tolerant: The plant is well-suited to dry climates and can survive extended periods of drought. This makes it a good choice for gardeners in areas with limited water resources.
Versatile: Calliandra emarginata can be grown as a hedge, in a container, or as a standalone plant in a garden bed. It is also suitable for use as a houseplant in colder climates.
Non-toxic: The plant is not toxic to humans or animals, making it safe to use around children and pets.
Attracts pollinators: The flowers of Calliandra emarginata attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds, which can help to pollinate other plants in the garden.
Overall, Calliandra emarginata is a versatile, low-maintenance plant that can add color and interest to a garden or indoor space.