Cananga Odorata (Ylang-Ylang) Tree for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Cananga odorata, commonly known as ylang-ylang, is a tropical tree native to India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and parts of Australia. It's best known for its fragrant flowers, which are used to produce ylang-ylang essential oil. This oil is often utilized in perfumes, aromatherapy, and holistic treatments. The tree can grow up to 20 meters in height and has drooping branches, greenish-yellow flowers, and a smooth, shiny appearance.
- Site Selection: Choose a location with full to partial sun exposure. Ylang-ylang prefers rich, well-draining soil.
- Spacing: If planting more than one tree, ensure they are spaced about 8 to 10 meters apart to provide adequate room for growth.
- Planting: Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the tree in, ensuring that the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface, then backfill the hole and water thoroughly.
- Watering: Ylang-ylang trees like consistent moisture. Water regularly but ensure the soil is well-draining to avoid root rot.
- Fertilizing: Use a balanced fertilizer, such as a 10-10-10, every few months to support growth.
- Pruning: Prune to shape the tree and remove any dead or diseased branches. This also encourages more flower production.
- Pests and Diseases: Ylang-ylang is relatively disease-resistant but can be susceptible to scale insects. Regular inspections and prompt treatment can manage these pests.
- Mulching: Apply organic mulch around the base to retain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
- Protection: Young trees might need protection from strong winds or frost. Consider providing some shielding or planting them in a sheltered location.
- Aromatherapy: Ylang-ylang oil has a calming effect and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Skin Health: The oil has been used traditionally to treat various skin conditions.
- Hair Health: It can promote hair growth and improve hair texture.
- Natural Perfume: Due to its pleasant and unique fragrance, it's a popular ingredient in many high-end perfumes.
- Medicinal Uses: Historically, parts of the plant have been used to treat fevers, cuts, and insect bites.