Stunning Canna Indica - Add Beauty to Your Garden with this One-of-a-Kind Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Single Canna
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Sarvajjaya, Manipuri - Laphoorit, Marathi - Kardal, Kannada - Kalahu, Bengali - Sarbajaya, Konkani - Kele Phool
- Shrubs, Water & Aquatic Plants
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Orange, Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for Cut foliage
- Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts butterflies
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred, Old variety plants may be difficult to get
Canna indica is a species of flowering plant in the family Cannaceae, native to the tropical regions of the Americas. It is an herbaceous perennial that grows to a height of 3-5 feet, with large, oblong leaves and showy, red, orange, or yellow flowers. The plant is often grown as an ornamental due to its attractive flowers and leaves. It is also known as Indian shot or Indian arrowroot.
Canna indica grows well in moist, well-draining soil and full sun to partial shade. It is drought-tolerant once established, but will benefit from regular watering during prolonged dry spells. In colder climates, the plant can be grown as an annual or brought indoors for the winter. It is relatively low-maintenance and does not require frequent fertilization, but will benefit from the occasional application of a balanced fertilize.
Canna indica is often used in landscaping and garden design as a focal point or as a backdrop for other plants. It is also used in traditional medicine in some parts of the world, although its efficacy has not been scientifically proven.
Canna indica is a tropical plant native to the Caribbean and Central and South America. It is known for its large, brightly colored flowers and lush, tropical foliage. Here are some tips for caring for Canna indica plants:
Plant Canna indica in well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter.
Canna indica plants prefer full sun, but they can also tolerate partial shade.
Water Canna indica plants regularly, but be sure to avoid over-watering as this can lead to root rot.
Fertilize Canna indica plants once a month during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer.
Deadhead spent flowers to encourage new blooms.
In colder climates, Canna indica plants should be grown as annuals or brought indoors during the winter. In warmer climates, they can be grown as perennials.
Canna indica plants may be prone to pests such as aphids, mites, and slugs. Keep an eye out for these pests and take steps to control them as needed.
I hope these tips are helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions about caring for Canna indica plants.
- - Cannas are amongst the easiest plants to grow.
- For starting these either ready plants or the ginger like rhizomes can be planted.
- The dwarf varieties can be planted at a distance of 30 cms whereas the tall ones should be planted at 60 cms.
- Plants grow well in clay as well as normal soils.
- Prepare the soil well as they plants can perform well for many years to come.
- Periodical removal of dead flowers and shoots is recommended as it makes way for new growth.
- Regular fertilizer application will ensure year around color.