Stunning Canna Limbata Single Flowered Plant - Buy Now!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Canna Single Flowered
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Sarvajjaya, Manipuri - Laphoorit, Marathi - Kardal, Kannada - Kalahu, Bengali - Sarbajaya, Konkani - Kele Phool
- Shrubs, Groundcovers, Water & Aquatic Plants
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for Cut foliage
- Plant for puja or prayer flower or leaves
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Attracts birds
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Animals will not eat
- Suitable for road median planting
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- Canna limbata is a species of flowering plant in the family Cannaceae. It is native to tropical regions of South America and is often grown as an ornamental plant for its showy flowers and large, tropical-looking leaves. The plant has tall, upright stems with long, narrow leaves that are green on the top and purple on the underside. It produces orange, yellow, or red flowers that are held above the foliage on long, slender stalks. Canna limbata is typically grown in gardens, parks, and other outdoor spaces and can be used as a background plant or as a focal point in the landscape. It prefers warm, humid conditions and well-drained soil and should be watered regularly to keep the soil evenly moist. It is generally easy to care for and can be propagated by dividing the rhizomes or by planting seeds.
To care for Canna limbata plants, follow these tips:
- Plant Canna limbata in well-draining soil in a sunny location.
- Water the plant regularly to keep the soil evenly moist. Avoid allowing the soil to dry out completely.
- Feed the plant with a balanced fertiliser every two to four weeks during the growing season.
- Deadhead spent flowers to encourage the plant to produce more blooms.
- In colder climates, the rhizomes of Canna limbata should be dug up and stored in a dry, frost-free location over the winter.
- In areas with mild winters, the plant can be left in the ground and protected with a layer of mulch.
- Canna limbata can be prone to pests such as aphids, thrips, and slugs. Keep an eye out for these and take appropriate measures to control them if necessary.
By following these care tips, your Canna limbata plant should thrive and produce beautiful, showy flowers.
Canna limbata is a popular ornamental plant and is often grown in gardens and landscapes for its striking appearance. It is also used in cut flower arrangements and as a container plant. In addition to its decorative value, Canna limbata is also believed to have some medicinal properties. Some people use the leaves and roots of the plant in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, such as fever, diarrhea, and wounds. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support these uses.
In general, Canna limbata is a hardy and low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for. It thrives in warm, humid climates and prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. It is drought-tolerant once established and requires regular watering during dry periods. Canna limbata is also relatively pest-resistant, but it may be susceptible to attack by slugs and snails. Overall, Canna limbata is a beautiful and easy-to-grow plant that can add a tropical touch to any garden or landscape.