Buy Yellow Kassod Tree (Cassia Siamea, Senna Siamea, Cassia Florida) for Your Garden
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Common name:Cassia Florida - Yellow, Kassod Tree
Regional name:Hindi - Kasod, Chkundi
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
- Sun growing
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- January, February, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 8 to 12 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 6 to 8 meters
- Plant Form:
- Irregular, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Good for screening
- Attracts birds
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Recommended for creating shade
- Quick growing trees
- Evergreen trees
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over thousands
- Cassia siamea, also known as Siamese cassia, is a species of flowering tree native to Southeast Asia. It is often grown as an ornamental plant due to its attractive yellow flowers and glossy green leaves. The tree can grow up to 20 meters tall and has a spreading canopy. The leaves are large and oblong in shape, and the flowers are yellow and grow in clusters. The tree is drought-tolerant and can be grown in a variety of soil types, but it prefers well-draining soil and full sun exposure. It is often used in landscaping and as a street tree, and the wood is used in construction and furniture making.
To care for Cassia siamea plants, follow these tips:
- Plant in well-draining soil and in a location that receives full sun exposure.
- Water the plant regularly, but be sure not to over-water as the tree is drought-tolerant and can withstand dry conditions.
- Fertilize the plant once a month with a balanced fertilizer to promote healthy growth.
- Prune the plant regularly to remove dead or damaged branches and to maintain its desired shape.
- Protect the tree from strong winds, as the branches can be brittle and prone to breakage.
- Monitor for pests such as aphids, which can be controlled with the use of an insecticide.
Overall, Cassia siamea is a low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for and can thrive with minimal attention.
Cassia siamea plants have several benefits, including:
Ornamental value: The tree is often grown for its attractive yellow flowers and glossy green leaves, which make it a popular choice for landscaping and street trees.
Drought tolerance: The tree is drought-tolerant and can withstand dry conditions, making it a suitable choice for areas with limited water availability.
Soil improvement: The tree has deep roots that can help to improve soil structure and increase water infiltration.
Shade: The tree has a spreading canopy that provides shade, making it a good choice for planting in areas where shade is desired.
Wood use: The wood of the Cassia siamea tree is strong and durable, and it is often used in construction and furniture making.
Medicinal properties: The tree has a number of medicinal properties and is used in traditional medicine in Southeast Asia. The leaves and bark of the tree are used to treat a variety of ailments, including fever, diarrhea, and skin irritation.