Fresh and Aromatic Cinnamon Leaf, Tamalpatra, and Tejpatta Plants for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Cinnamon Leaf, Tamalpatra, Tejpatta
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Tamalpatra, Hindi - Tejpat, Bengali - Tejpat, Gujarati - Tamalpatra, Tamil - Taalishappatri, Telugu - Talispatri, Sanskrit - Tejpatra
- Spice plants & edible Herbs, Shrubs, Medicinal Plants, Trees
- Lauraceae or Laurel family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- February, March, April, May, Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Irregular, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Fragrant flowers or leaves
- Good for screening
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- - Grows to a medium to tall sized tree about 6 to 8 meters tall.
- Leaves are floppy, very aromatic, long, dark green.
- The leaves of Tamalpatti have ONLY 3 veined leaves. This is am easy distinguishing feature between the two different types. The leaves of Cinnamon have 3 to 5 veins.
- Flowers are small and in an inflorosence at the ends of branches, fruits are egg shaped.
- The leaves known as tejpat are aromatic and used as food flavouring.
- - Likes good soils with lots of organic matter and excellent drainage.
- Grows better if regular irrigation is provided.