Stunning Cochlospermum Collection | Gossypium, Religiosum, Yellow Silk Cotton, Torchwood & Buttercup Trees for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Yellow Silk Cotton Tree, Torchwood Tree, Buttercup Tree
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Kumbi, Gabdi, Ganiar, Galgal, Gajra, Guneri, Pili Kapas, Bengali - Golgol, Marathi - Ganglai, Gujarati - Pahad Vel, Tamil - Kongilam
- Trees, Shrubs
- Sun growing
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- January, February, March
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 8 to 12 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Estimated Life Span:
- Very long lived
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for screening
- Attracts bees
- Quick growing trees
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- * Usually you will not even notice this tree. That is untill it bursts into color.
* The flowers are as yellow as yellow gets.
* Religiosum means referring to God.
* Flowers used in temple as offering to God.
* Native-India and Malaysia.
* Deciduous tree.
* 16 m tall.
* New leaves appear in May-June.
* The flowers last for a day and a half, they appear at 3 am wide open at sunrise and close the following morning.
* The gum is used in book binding, cosmetics and thickening ice cream.
* Floss from fruit used for stuffing pillows and life belts.
- * Flowers in two years even when it is size of a shrub.
* Planted at the background of shrubbery border of large lawns, besides small and medium roads.
* Highly resistant to drought and forest fires.
* Will grow on any kind of soils.
* Will grow quickly if irrigated during hot summer months after leaves arise