Buy Rare and Exotic Cordia sebestena, Geiger, Scarlet Cordia, Aloe Wood, Sebesten Plum, Lolu, Kou Haole Plants Online
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Geiger, Scarlet Cordia, Aloe Wood, Sebesten Plum, Lolu, Kou Haole
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Bhokar, Bohari, Lal Lasoora, Tamil - Acchinaruvihli, Telugu - Virigi
- Trees, Shrubs
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Irregular, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for screening
- Attracts birds
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Recommended for creating shade
- Evergreen trees
- Suitable for road median planting
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- - Small evergreen tree 5-8 m tall. Has a straight trunk. Can be easily kept short by trimming and trained as a shrub.
- Plants should be planted where they can be appreciated up close. Near sit outs etc. Ideally used in restaurants and next to small pathways.
- Flowers are bright orange 3-5 cm wide.
- Very popular in its native habitat for carpentry. The wood is fine grained and long lasting.
- Heartwood is dark brown, hard, heavy and fine textured.
- - Grows and flowers better in dry as well as coastal areas.
- This Cordia species can tolerate salts and alkaline soils.
- This saline tolerance makes it ideal for planting where STP or ETP water is used.
- All types of soils are fine will grow well on acidic soils as well.
- Plants do not like the cold. They start looking dull and the leaves turn greenish yellow.
- Will not tolerate frost.
- Regular fertilizer or manure application will make the crown look lush and full. Poor nutrient supply will make the canopy sparse and unattractive.
- Plants can be pruned back after flowering flush is over.