Beautiful White Crinum Lily - A Perfect Addition to Your Garden!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Variegated Crinum Lily
- Lilies & Bulbous plants, Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Amarylidaceae or Agave or Amaryllis family
Introduction Variegated Crinum Lily (Crinum asiaticum var. variegatum) is a stunning ornamental plant known for its striking foliage and beautiful, fragrant flowers. This guide will cover everything you need to know about growing, caring for, and enjoying the benefits of these plants.
1. Plant Description
- Leaves: Long, strap-like, green leaves with white or cream-colored stripes.
- Flowers: Large, fragrant, and trumpet-shaped, typically white or pale pink.
- Growth habit: Forms a large clump, with leaves reaching up to 3-4 feet in length.
2. Planting and Propagation
- Site selection: Choose a location with well-draining soil and partial to full sun exposure.
- Soil requirements: Fertile, well-draining soil with a pH between 6.0 and 6.5.
- Propagation methods: Divide the bulbs, offset bulbils, or grow from seeds.
3. Plant Care
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release fertilizer in spring and summer, or use a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks.
- Pruning: Remove spent flowers and yellowing leaves as needed.
4. Pests and Diseases
- Pests: Spider mites, mealybugs, and snails may be a concern.
- Diseases: Root rot and leaf spot can occur if plants are overwatered or in poorly draining soil.
5. Winter Care
- Cold tolerance: Variegated Crinum Lily is not frost-tolerant. In colder climates, dig up and store bulbs indoors, or protect with mulch.
- Overwintering: In frost-free climates, the plant will continue to grow throughout the winter.
6. Landscape Uses
- Garden beds: Use as a focal point or as a backdrop for other plants.
- Containers: Plant in large pots for patio or balcony gardens.
- Water gardens: Suitable for planting near ponds or water features.
- Aesthetic appeal: Striking foliage and fragrant flowers add beauty to any landscape.
- Low maintenance: Requires minimal care, making it an excellent choice for busy gardeners.
- Attracts pollinators: Flowers attract bees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects.
Conclusion The Variegated Crinum Lily is an eye-catching addition to any garden, with its bold foliage and fragrant flowers. By following this comprehensive guide, you can enjoy the many benefits of this striking plant with ease.