Brighten Your Garden with Cuphea Golden: The Stunning Cuphea hyssopifolia aurea Plant for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Cuphea Golden
- Groundcovers, Shrubs
- Lythraceae or Mehendi family
Introduction to Cuphea Golden Ruby
Cuphea Golden Ruby, also known as Cuphea cyanea, is a beautiful, heat-tolerant, and low-maintenance plant that produces vibrant, ruby-red flowers. This plant is perfect for adding a splash of color to gardens, patios, and balconies. Its unique features make it an attractive choice for both beginner and experienced gardeners.
- Light Requirements: Cuphea Golden Ruby thrives in full sun to partial shade. Provide at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily for optimal growth and flowering.
- Soil Requirements: Plant in well-draining, fertile soil with a pH between 6.0 and 7.5. Amend with organic matter to improve soil structure and fertility.
- Water Requirements: Maintain consistent moisture, but avoid overwatering. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- Temperature and Humidity: Cuphea Golden Ruby is heat-tolerant and grows well in USDA hardiness zones 8-11. It can withstand temperatures as low as 20°F (-6°C) but thrives in warmer climates.
Planting and Propagation
- Planting: Space Cuphea Golden Ruby plants 18-24 inches apart to allow for proper air circulation and growth.
- Propagation: Propagate by taking stem cuttings in late spring or early summer. Dip the cut end in rooting hormone and place it in a moist, well-draining growing medium. Alternatively, collect and sow seeds in early spring.
Care and Maintenance
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring and again in mid-summer to support growth and blooming.
- Pruning: Regularly deadhead spent flowers to encourage continuous blooming. Prune lightly in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and size.
- Pests and Diseases: Cuphea Golden Ruby is generally pest-resistant, but watch for aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites. Treat infestations with insecticidal soap or neem oil. Prevent fungal diseases by ensuring good air circulation and avoiding overwatering.
Benefits and Uses
- Attracts Pollinators: Cuphea Golden Ruby is a valuable source of nectar for hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees, making it an excellent addition to pollinator-friendly gardens.
- Landscape Appeal: The vibrant flowers add a burst of color to garden borders, containers, and hanging baskets. Its compact size makes it suitable for small spaces.
- Low Maintenance: Cuphea Golden Ruby is heat-tolerant, drought-tolerant, and pest-resistant, making it a low-maintenance choice for busy gardeners.
Conclusion Cuphea Golden Ruby is a beautiful, low-maintenance plant that offers both visual appeal and practical benefits. By providing the right growing conditions and following the care and maintenance tips outlined in this guide, you can enjoy the stunning ruby-red blooms all season long.