Exotic Coconut East Coast Tall Palm Tree - Add a Tropical Touch to Your Landscape Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Original price Rs. 599.00
Current price Rs. 549.00
- Coconut East Coast Tall, Coconut Tall Kadiyamplants
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Naral, Hindi - Nariyal, Bengali - Dab, Gujarati - Naliyer, Kannada - Tenginamara, Malayalam - Teng, Sanskrit - Duraruha, Tamil - Tengay, Telugu - Narikelamu, Urdu - Nariyel
- Fruit Plants, Palms and Cycads, Trees, Medicinal Plants
- Palmae or Coconut family
- Species Info: The East Coast Tall variety of coconut palm tree (Cocos nucifera) is a popular cultivar native to the eastern coast of India. It is known for its high yield, large-sized coconuts, and strong resistance to pests and diseases.
- Site Selection: Choose a location with well-draining soil, full sun exposure, and protection from strong winds.
- Planting Time: Plant during the rainy season for optimal growth.
- Spacing: Allow 7.5-10 meters (25-33 feet) between each tree to ensure adequate space for growth.
- Soil: East Coast Tall palms prefer sandy or loamy soils with good drainage and a pH between 5.5 and 7.0.
- Watering: Water frequently during the first few months, then reduce to weekly deep watering once established.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer with micronutrients every 3-4 months for optimal growth.
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged fronds and fruit stalks annually to maintain tree health and appearance.
- Pest and Disease Management: Monitor for pests such as mealybugs, scale insects, and red palm weevils, and treat as necessary. Inspect trees for fungal or bacterial infections, and apply appropriate treatments.
- When to Harvest: Coconuts are ready to harvest once they reach maturity, typically around 11-12 months after the appearance of the inflorescence.
- Harvesting Method: Use a long pole with a hooked knife or a specialized coconut picking tool to harvest coconuts from the tree.
- Economic: East Coast Tall palms are a valuable source of income for farmers due to their high yield and versatility of uses.
- Culinary: Coconuts can be processed into oil, milk, water, and various other food products.
- Health: Coconut oil contains healthy fats that can boost heart health, while coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes.
- Environmental: Coconut trees help prevent soil erosion, support local ecosystems, and act as carbon sinks.