Exotic Palm Plants for Sale | Dioon edule, Zamia macleni, Platyzamia rigida, Chamal, Plama De Dolores Palmita, and Virgin Palm
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Chamal, Plama De Dolores Palmita, Virgins Palm
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Dioon Cycas
- Palms and Cycads
- Cycadaceae Cycad family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Green, Blue Grey or Silver
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for Cut foliage
- Thorny or Spiny
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than ten
- Dioon edule is a species of cycad in the family Zamiaceae, native to the states of Nuevo León and Tamaulipas in northeastern Mexico. It is a slow-growing, evergreen plant with a woody stem and long, narrow, stiff leaves. The leaves are typically deep green in color and are arranged in a spiral pattern on the stem. Dioon edule is dioecious, meaning that individual plants are either male or female. Male plants produce pollen cones, while female plants produce seed cones. The seeds of Dioon edule are edible and have been used as a food source by indigenous peoples in Mexico. This plant is popular in cultivation as an ornamental plant and is grown for its attractive foliage. It can be grown in a variety of soil types, but prefers well-draining soil and requires regular watering. It is tolerant of drought and can be grown in full sun or partial shade.
Dioon edule is a slow-growing plant that requires minimal care once established. Here are some tips for caring for Dioon edule plants:
Plant Dioon edule in a well-draining soil mix. It can tolerate a variety of soil types, but does best in a mix that drains well.
Water Dioon edule regularly, but be careful not to over-water. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
Provide Dioon edule with full sun to partial shade. It can tolerate full sun, but may require some protection from intense midday sun in hot climates.
Fertilize Dioon edule with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season.
Protect Dioon edule from frost, as it is not frost-tolerant.
Keep the area around the base of the plant clear of weeds and debris.
Prune dead or damaged leaves as needed.
With proper care, Dioon edule can be a low-maintenance and long-lived addition to your garden.
Dioon edule is an attractive and slow-growing plant that can provide a number of benefits in the garden. Some potential benefits of growing Dioon edule include:
Dioon edule has attractive, deep green foliage that adds visual interest to the garden.
It is a low-maintenance plant that requires minimal care once established.
Dioon edule is drought-tolerant and can thrive in dry conditions.
It is a slow-growing plant, which means it requires less pruning and maintenance than faster-growing species.
Dioon edule can be grown in a variety of soil types and is tolerant of a range of pH levels.
The seeds of Dioon edule are edible and have been used as a food source by indigenous peoples in Mexico.
It is a long-lived plant that can provide a sense of permanence in the garden.
Overall, Dioon edule is an attractive and low-maintenance plant that can provide a number of benefits in the garden.