Buy the Bright and Colorful Etlingera Fulgens, Nicolaia Species, and Orange Ginger Trees Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Nicolaia Species, Orange Ginger
- Zingiberaceae or Ginger family
- Sun growing, Semi shade, Shade growing
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for screening
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Etlingera fulgens is a species of flowering plant in the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. It is native to Borneo, where it grows in lowland rainforests. The plant has long, narrow leaves and produces clusters of bright red flowers that resemble bottles or flasks. The flowers are pollinated by birds and insects. E. fulgens is cultivated as an ornamental plant and is prized for its attractive flowers and lush foliage. It is also known by the common name "flashing ginger."
To care for Etlingera fulgens, keep the following tips in mind:
Keep the plant in a location with bright, indirect light. It can tolerate some direct sunlight, but too much direct sun can scorch the leaves.
Water the plant regularly to keep the soil evenly moist, but be sure to allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Overwatering can cause the roots to rot, so be sure to check the soil moisture level before watering.
Fertilize the plant with a balanced fertilizer every two to four weeks during the growing season. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label for proper dosage and frequency.
Keep the plant in a well-draining soil mix that is rich in organic matter.
Protect the plant from extreme temperatures and drafts, as it is not tolerant of cold or dry air.
Prune the plant as needed to remove any dead or damaged foliage.
By following these care tips, you should be able to keep your Etlingera fulgens healthy and happy.
Etlingera fulgens is an ornamental plant that is prized for its attractive red flowers and lush foliage. It can add visual interest and beauty to any garden or indoor space. In addition to its aesthetic value, E. fulgens has a number of other potential benefits. For example:
The plant is believed to have medicinal properties and has been used in traditional medicine in Borneo for a variety of ailments.
The plant's flowers are a source of nectar for bees and other pollinators, making it a valuable addition to gardens that support pollinator populations.
The plant can help to purify the air by removing toxins and producing oxygen.
E. fulgens can be used as a natural insect repellent. The plant's leaves contain essential oils that are believed to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
Keep in mind that while E. fulgens may have some potential benefits, it is important to use caution when using any plant medicinally and to consult with a healthcare professional before using it to treat any health conditions.