Variegated Euonymous Japonica Tree for Sale - Add a Pop of Color to Your Garden Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Euonymous Variegated
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Pandhara Euonymous
- Shrubs, Indoor Plants, Groundcovers
Euonymus japonicus Variegata, also known as Variegated Japanese Euonymus, is a popular evergreen shrub characterized by its variegated green and white leaves. This attractive plant is often used as a hedge, specimen plant, or as part of mixed planting in borders. It is known for its low maintenance and adaptability to various environmental conditions.
- Scientific Name: Euonymus japonicus 'Variegata'
- Family: Celastraceae
- Common Names: Variegated Japanese Euonymus, Variegated Spindle Tree
- Type: Evergreen shrub
- Hardiness Zones: 6 to 9
- Mature Height: 4 to 6 feet
- Mature Width: 3 to 5 feet
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Color: Greenish-white, inconspicuous
- Leaf Color: Green with white variegation
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Location: Choose a location with well-draining soil and partial to full sun exposure. Euonymus japonicus Variegata can tolerate a wide range of soil types, but it prefers slightly acidic to neutral soil (pH 6.0 to 7.0).
- Spacing: Plant the shrubs 2 to 3 feet apart for a hedge, or 4 to 5 feet apart for individual plants.
- Planting Time: Plant in early spring or fall, when the soil is workable.
- Watering: Water regularly during the first year to establish a healthy root system. After that, the plant is drought-tolerant and requires only occasional watering during extended dry periods.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced slow-release fertilizer in the spring, before new growth begins.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain the desired shape and size. Remove dead or damaged branches as needed.
- Pests: Euonymus japonicus Variegata is relatively pest-resistant but may be susceptible to scale insects, spider mites, and aphids. Inspect the plant regularly and treat with insecticidal soap or horticultural oil if needed.
- Diseases: The plant can be affected by powdery mildew, leaf spot, or crown gall. To prevent these diseases, maintain good air circulation around the plant and avoid overhead watering.
- Winter Protection: In colder climates, protect the plant with a layer of mulch or burlap wrap to minimize winter damage.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The variegated foliage of Euonymus japonicus Variegata adds color and visual interest to gardens and landscapes throughout the year.
- Low Maintenance: This plant requires minimal care and is adaptable to various growing conditions, making it an excellent choice for both novice and experienced gardeners.
- Wildlife Attraction: The inconspicuous flowers provide nectar for pollinators, while the dense foliage offers shelter for small birds and other wildlife.
- Erosion Control: The extensive root system of Euonymus japonicus Variegata can help stabilize slopes and prevent soil erosion.