Poinsettia Strawberry N Ice Tukai Variety - A Stunning Euphorbia Pulcherrima Plant for Sale!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Poinsettia Strawberry N Ice Tukai Variety
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Lalpata, Bengali - Laipata, Kannada - Poinsettia Gida, Punjabi - Lalpatti, Marathi - Rakta Parni, Tamil - Magilkunni
- Flowering Pot Plants, Shrubs, Indoor Plants
- Euphorbiaceae or Poinsettia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- January, February, October, November, December
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Single flower has many colors viz., Pink, Light Pink, Cream, Off white, Light Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 50 cms to 100 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spherical or rounded
- Special Character:
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts butterflies
- Attracts bees
- Suitable for road median planting
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- Euphorbia pulcherrima, also known as the poinsettia, is a flowering plant native to Mexico and Central America. It is often used as a decorative plant during the holiday season due to its brightly colored red and green leaves. Tukai is a cultivar of Euphorbia pulcherrima that has been bred to produce pale pink or white flowers. The strawberry ice plant is a different species of plant altogether. It is a trailing plant with small, strawberry-like leaves and pink or purple flowers. It is native to South Africa and is often used as a groundcover or in hanging baskets.
Here are some general care tips for Euphorbia pulcherrima (poinsettia):
Water: Poinsettias prefer consistently moist soil, but be careful not to over-water, as the plants are susceptible to root rot. Allow the top inch or so of soil to dry out before watering again.
Light: Poinsettias need bright, indirect light to thrive. Avoid placing them in direct sunlight, which can cause the leaves to fade or burn.
Temperature: Poinsettias prefer warm temperatures, around 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and around 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
Fertilizer: Fertilize poinsettias every 2-4 weeks using a balanced liquid fertilizer.
Pruning: Pinch back the stems of poinsettias to encourage full, bushy growth.
Here are some general care tips for the strawberry ice plant:
Water: The strawberry ice plant prefers well-draining soil and should be watered regularly, but be careful not to over-water. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
Light: The strawberry ice plant prefers full sun, but can tolerate partial shade.
Temperature: The strawberry ice plant is hardy in USDA hardiness zones 9-11. It can tolerate temperatures as low as 20 degrees Fahrenheit, but should be protected from frost.
Fertilizer: Fertilize the strawberry ice plant every 2-4 weeks using a balanced liquid fertilizer.
Pruning: Prune the strawberry ice plant regularly to keep it looking tidy and to encourage new growth.
Euphorbia pulcherrima, or the poinsettia, is not typically grown for its medicinal properties. It is primarily used for decorative purposes. However, it has been suggested that the plant may have some potential health benefits when ingested in small amounts. Some people believe that poinsettias may have mild pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects, and that they may also have some antiviral activity. However, more research is needed to confirm these potential benefits and to determine the appropriate dosage and method of use.
The strawberry ice plant is also not typically grown for its medicinal properties. It is grown primarily for its attractive foliage and flowers. It is sometimes used in landscaping as a groundcover or in hanging baskets.