Stunning Euphorbia Tirucalli - The Perfect Addition to Your Garden
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Pencil Cactus, Milk Bush, Bone Tree, Rubber Euphorbia, Naked Lady
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Sher
- Cacti & Succulents, Shrubs, Trees, Indoor Plants
- Euphorbiaceae or Poinsettia family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for making bonsai
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Poisonous if eaten
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Good on seaside
- Euphorbia tirucalli, commonly known as "pencil cactus" or "milk bush," is a succulent plant native to eastern Africa. It is a popular landscaping plant in warm, dry climates, and is known for its ability to tolerate drought and poor soil conditions. The plant has thin, spiky branches that resemble pencils or sticks, and it produces small, yellow flowers. It can grow up to 30 feet tall and has a high tolerance for pruning, making it easy to shape and maintain. It is also known for its ability to grow quickly, and it can be propagated easily from cuttings. However, it is important to note that the sap of Euphorbia tirucalli is toxic and can cause skin irritation and other allergic reactions in some people. It is also toxic to animals if ingested.
Euphorbia tirucalli is a low-maintenance plant that is well-suited to warm, dry climates. Here are some care tips for this plant:
Light: Euphorbia tirucalli thrives in full sun, but it can also tolerate partial shade. It is important to place the plant in an area where it will receive plenty of light, as this will help it grow and maintain its shape.
Water: This plant is drought-tolerant and does not require frequent watering. Allow the soil to dry out completely before watering it again. During the hot summer months, you may need to water the plant once a week. In the cooler winter months, you can water it less frequently.
Soil: Euphorbia tirucalli grows best in well-draining soil. A cactus potting mix or a mixture of equal parts sand and potting soil will work well. Avoid using heavy, clay-based soil, as it can hold too much water and cause the plant to rot.
Fertilizer: Euphorbia tirucalli does not require fertilization, but if you want to fertilize it, use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer once a month during the growing season. Avoid fertilizing the plant during the winter months.
Pruning: Euphorbia tirucalli is a fast-growing plant and may need pruning to maintain its shape. Use pruning shears to remove any stray branches or to shape the plant as desired. Be careful when handling the plant, as the sap can be toxic and cause skin irritation. Wear gloves and protective eyewear when pruning.
Pests: Euphorbia tirucalli is generally resistant to pests, but it can be prone to mealybugs and aphids. If you notice any pests on the plant, you can treat them with a neem oil solution or a chemical insecticide. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product label.
Euphorbia tirucalli, also known as "pencil cactus" or "milk bush," is a popular landscaping plant that is known for its low maintenance and drought-tolerant nature. It has the following benefits:
Adaptable: Euphorbia tirucalli is a highly adaptable plant and can grow in a variety of soil types and climates. It is drought-tolerant and can withstand extreme temperatures, making it a suitable choice for dry, hot regions.
Easy to maintain: This plant has a high tolerance for pruning, so it is easy to shape and maintain. It does not require frequent watering or fertilization, making it a low-maintenance option for busy gardeners.
Attractive appearance: Euphorbia tirucalli has an attractive, spiky appearance that adds visual interest to a landscape. It can be used as a hedge or as a standalone accent plant.
Fast-growing: Euphorbia tirucalli is a fast-growing plant and can reach up to 30 feet tall. It can be propagated easily from cuttings, making it easy to expand your collection or share with friends.
Versatility: This plant can be used in a variety of settings, including residential gardens, commercial landscapes, and xeriscapes (landscapes designed to conserve water). It is also well-suited to containers and can be grown indoors as a houseplant in bright, indirect light.
It is important to note that Euphorbia tirucalli sap is toxic and can cause skin irritation and other allergic reactions in some people. It is also toxic to animals if ingested.