Bring the Beauty of Nature to Your Home with the Ficus Benjamina, Ficus Citation, and Ficus Curly Leaf Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Ficus Citation, Ficus Curly Leaf
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Ficus Citation
- Trees, Shrubs, Indoor Plants
- Moraceae or Fig family
- Common name: Ficus benjamina 'Citation' or Weeping Fig 'Citation'
- Family: Moraceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia and Australia
- Type: Evergreen shrub or small tree
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 10-12
- Indoor or Outdoor: Both
- Location: Choose a well-lit spot with indirect sunlight for indoor plantation, or a partially shaded area outdoors.
- Soil: Well-draining soil with a pH between 6.0 and 6.5 is ideal.
- Spacing: Provide at least 3-4 feet of space between plants to allow for proper growth.
- Water: Keep the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Allow the top 1-2 inches to dry out between waterings.
- Temperature: 60-75°F (15-24°C) for optimal growth.
- Humidity: Maintain a humidity level of 40-50% for indoor plants. Mist the leaves occasionally to increase humidity.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer (10-10-10) every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Pruning: Trim back leggy branches to maintain shape and encourage bushy growth.
- Pest Control: Check regularly for common pests like spider mites, scale insects, and mealybugs. Treat with insecticidal soap or neem oil if necessary.
- Repotting: Repot every 2-3 years, increasing the pot size by 1-2 inches each time.
- Air Purification: Ficus benjamina 'Citation' is known to purify the air, removing toxins like formaldehyde and benzene.
- Decorative: Its attractive, weeping foliage adds visual interest to any space.
- Low Maintenance: This ficus variety is relatively easy to care for, making it an excellent choice for beginner gardeners.
- Avoid moving the plant frequently, as it may cause leaf drop.
- Keep the plant away from drafts and sudden temperature fluctuations.
- Be cautious around pets and children, as the plant's sap can cause skin irritation and is toxic if ingested.