Exotic Ficus cyatbistipula Plant - Add a Touch of Nature to Your Home
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Shrubs, Trees
- Moraceae or Fig family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Evergreen trees
- Suitable for road median planting
- Salt or salinity tolerant
- Good on seaside
- NASA plant for Indoor pollution control
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred, Old variety plants may be difficult to get
- Ficus cyathistipula, also known as the giant ficus or the umbrella ficus, is a species of fig tree native to Thailand. It is a large tree that can grow up to 100 feet tall and is known for its umbrella-shaped canopy of leaves. The leaves are oval-shaped and glossy green in color. The tree produces small, yellowish-green flowers that are followed by small, edible figs. Ficus cyathistipula is an ornamental plant that is often used in landscaping and as a shade tree. It is also grown as a bonsai plant. The tree is drought-tolerant and grows well in a variety of soil types. It is sensitive to cold temperatures and should be protected from frost.
Here are some tips for caring for Ficus cyathistipula:
Light: The tree grows best in bright, indirect light. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight, as this can cause the leaves to yellow and drop.
Water: Water the tree regularly, but allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Overwatering can lead to root rot, so be sure to check the soil moisture before watering.
Temperature: Ficus cyathistipula is sensitive to cold temperatures and should be protected from frost. Keep the tree in a location with a minimum temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
Soil: The tree grows well in a variety of soil types, but it is important to use well-draining soil to prevent root rot.
Fertilization: Fertilize the tree once a month during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer.
Pruning: Prune the tree to maintain its shape and remove any dead or damaged branches.
Pests: Ficus cyathistipula is prone to pests such as scale insects and mealybugs. Keep an eye out for these pests and take steps to control them if necessary.
By following these care guidelines, your Ficus cyathistipula should thrive and provide a beautiful addition to your home or garden.
There are several benefits to growing Ficus cyathistipula:
Ornamental value: The tree has a beautiful, umbrella-shaped canopy of glossy green leaves that make it an attractive addition to any landscape.
Shade: The tree provides plenty of shade, making it a great choice for outdoor spaces that need protection from the sun.
Bonsai: Ficus cyathistipula is also a popular choice for bonsai enthusiasts due to its ability to be trained into a variety of shapes.
Edible fruit: The tree produces small, edible figs that are enjoyed by both humans and wildlife.
Drought tolerance: Ficus cyathistipula is drought-tolerant, making it a good choice for dry climates or for people who may forget to water their plants.
Cold tolerance: While the tree is sensitive to frost, it can tolerate mild winters in protected outdoor spaces or as a houseplant.
Overall, Ficus cyathistipula is a versatile and attractive tree that can add value to any home or garden.