Stunning Golden Ficus Collection | Maccalendii, Nerifolia, Ali, and Amstel Gold for Sale
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Ficus Nerifolia Golden, Ficus Ali, Ficus Amstel Gold
- Regional name:
- Marathi, Hindi - Ficus Ali
- Shrubs, Indoor Plants, Trees
- Moraceae or Fig family
- Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate less, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Yellow, Green
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect, Weeping
- Special Character:
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Attracts birds
- Recommended for creating shade
- Evergreen trees
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Good on seaside
- NASA plant for Indoor pollution control
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
Ficus maccalendii aureum, also known as the golden fig or creeping fig, is a species of flowering plant in the mulberry family. It is native to tropical regions of Southeast Asia and is often grown as an ornamental plant in gardens and homes.
The golden fig is a low-growing, creeping plant that can be trained to climb a wall or trellis. It has small, glossy leaves that are golden yellow in color and produce small, inconspicuous flowers. The plant is tolerant of a wide range of conditions, but it prefers well-draining soil and moderate to bright indirect light. It can be prone to pests such as spider mites and mealybugs, so it is important to monitor for these and take steps to control them if necessary.
Overall, the golden fig is a low-maintenance plant that is well-suited to life indoors or in a sheltered outdoor location. It is a good choice for those who are new to gardening, as it is easy to care for and can thrive in a variety of environments.
To care for a Ficus maccalendii aureum plant, follow these guidelines:
Light: The golden fig prefers moderate to bright indirect light. It can tolerate low light conditions, but its leaves may turn a darker green and it may grow slower.
Water: Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels dry to the touch. It is important to avoid overwatering, as this can cause the roots to rot.
Temperature: The golden fig is tolerant of a wide range of temperatures, but it prefers to be kept in a room with temperatures between 65-85°F.
Soil: Use a well-draining soil mix that contains perlite or sand to help prevent the roots from standing in water.
Fertilizer: Fertilize the plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer). Follow the instructions on the label for the correct amount to use.
Pruning: Prune the plant to shape it or remove any dead or damaged leaves as needed.
Pests: The golden fig is susceptible to pests such as spider mites and mealybugs. If you notice any of these pests on your plant, take steps to control them, such as washing the plant with soapy water or using an insecticidal spray.
By following these care guidelines, your Ficus maccalendii aureum plant should thrive and bring a touch of greenery to your space.
- - The only tricky part about growing this plant successfully is its light requirement.
- Once you have got this correct - you will have a great plant growing.
- Very quick growing.
- Soil - good fertile and deep soils recommended. PLants are very hardy and will grow in all soils.
- Make versatile pot plants for indoor decoration.
- Can tolerate a wide range of climates. Do not like it too cold though.
- Will not develop much color in shade. If you have to grow it indoors - it is better to use the green variety.