Buy the Stunning Ficus Rumphii Variegated - The Variegated Mock Bodh Tree for Your Home Garden
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Mock Bodh Tree Variegated, Rumphs Fig Tree Variegated, Xin Ye Rong Variegated
- Regional name:
- Marathi -pair, Payar, Hindi - Pakar, Paras Pipal,Kannada - Bettaarali, Malay - Ancak
- Shrubs, Trees
- Moraceae or Fig family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Variegated, Green, White
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Irregular, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for making bonsai
- Recommended for creating shade
- Evergreen trees
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than ten
Ficus Rumphii, also known as the Banyan Fig or Strangler Fig, is a species of fig tree native to Southeast Asia. It is a tropical tree that is often grown as a houseplant in temperate climates. The leaves of the Ficus Rumphii are large and glossy, and the tree is known for its aerial roots, which it uses to anchor itself to other plants or structures. The variegated variety of Ficus Rumphii has leaves with white or yellow splotches or stripes on them, giving the plant a distinctive appearance.
Ficus Rumphii plants are generally easy to care for and can tolerate a wide range of temperatures, as long as they are protected from drafts. They prefer well-draining soil and should be watered regularly, but allowed to dry out slightly between waterings. They also benefit from regular fertilization, especially during the growing season. Ficus Rumphii plants can be prone to pests, such as scale insects and spider mites, so it is important to inspect them regularly and take appropriate measures to control any infestations.
Overall, the Ficus Rumphii variegata is a striking and low-maintenance plant that can add interest and greenery to any home or garden..
Ficus Rumphii, also known as the Banyan Fig or Strangler Fig, is a species of fig tree native to Southeast Asia. It is a tropical tree that is often grown as a houseplant in temperate climates. The variegated variety of Ficus Rumphii has leaves with white or yellow splotches or stripes on them, giving the plant a distinctive appearance.
To care for a Ficus Rumphii variegata plant, follow these tips:
Light: Ficus Rumphii plants prefer bright, indirect light, but can tolerate lower light conditions. Avoid placing them in direct sun, which can cause the leaves to yellow or scorch.
Watering: Keep the soil evenly moist, but not waterlogged. Water the plant thoroughly, allowing the excess water to drain out of the bottom of the pot. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.
Soil: Ficus Rumphii plants prefer well-draining soil. A soil mix specifically formulated for tropical plants or a mixture of potting soil and perlite or sand can be used.
Fertilizer: Ficus Rumphii plants benefit from regular fertilization, especially during the growing season. Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer according to package directions.
Temperature: Ficus Rumphii plants prefer warm temperatures and can tolerate a wide range of temperatures as long as they are protected from drafts. They can survive in temperatures as low as 50°F (10°C), but will thrive in temperatures between 70-90°F (21-32°C).
Pests: Ficus Rumphii plants are prone to pests such as scale insects and spider mites. Inspect the plant regularly and take appropriate measures to control any infestations.
By following these care tips, your Ficus Rumphii variegata plant should thrive and provide a beautiful, low-maintenance addition to your home or garden.
- - It prefers warm climate and deep, rich soil.
- The tree becomes leafless for a short period during the end of winter and becomes covered with pinkish leaves in spring.
- It is a good shade tree for planting as show plants in pots and in the ground. It is grown more for its novelty value.