Stunning Garcinia Indica Variegated Plant - Add a Unique Touch to Your Garden Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Garcinia Variegated
- Regional name:
- Hindi - Kokum Variegated, Marathi - Bheranda, Kokamba, Kokam, Tamil - Murgal, Malayalam - Kaattampi, Kokkam, Kannada - Murgina, Punarpuli, Oriya – Tintali, Gujarati – Kokam, Konkani – Bhirind, Kokam, Sanskrit - Vrikshamia, Amlabija, Amlapura
- Trees, Medicinal Plants, Shrubs
- Guttiferae or Nutmeg family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers are inconspicuous
- Foliage color:
- Variegated, Green, White
- Plant Height or length:
- 4 to 6 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Indigenous (native to India)
- Auspicious or Feng Shui plant
- Good for making bonsai
- Good for Topiary
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good for Edges ie very small hedge or border
- Attracts birds
- Attracts bees
- Recommended for creating shade
- Quick growing trees
- Evergreen trees
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Must have for Farm house or big gardens
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than ten
- Garcinia indica is a species of flowering plant in the family Clusiaceae, native to India. It is a tropical evergreen tree that grows to a height of 20-25 meters, and is commonly known as kokum. The tree bears fruit which is a potent source of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which is commonly used as a weight loss supplement. The fruit is also used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including digestive disorders and skin conditions. The variegated variety of Garcinia indica has leaves that are striped or mottled with white or pale yellow, which gives the tree a distinctive appearance. It is not clear if the variegated variety of Garcinia indica has any unique medicinal properties compared to the non-variegated variety.
Garcinia indica is a tropical tree that grows best in warm, humid climates with plenty of rainfall. It is tolerant of a wide range of soil types, but prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. The tree can be grown in full sun or partial shade, but it is important to protect it from strong winds, which can damage the leaves and branches.
To care for a variegated Garcinia indica tree, follow these general guidelines:
Water the tree regularly to keep the soil evenly moist, but not waterlogged. During dry spells, water the tree more frequently to ensure that the soil does not dry out completely.
Fertilize the tree with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer once a month during the growing season to promote healthy growth.
Prune the tree regularly to remove any damaged or diseased branches, and to shape the tree as desired.
Protect the tree from pests and diseases by applying appropriate pesticides and fungicides as needed.
Mulch the base of the tree with organic material, such as bark chips or compost, to help retain moisture in the soil and suppress weeds.
By following these care guidelines, you can help your variegated Garcinia indica tree thrive and grow to its full potential.
Garcinia indica is a tropical tree that is native to India. The fruit of the tree is a potent source of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which is commonly used as a weight loss supplement. HCA is thought to work by inhibiting the enzyme that converts excess sugar into fat, and by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain, which can help to reduce appetite and cravings.
It is not clear if the variegated variety of Garcinia indica has any unique benefits compared to the non-variegated variety. However, some people believe that the fruit of the variegated Garcinia indica tree may have additional medicinal properties, due to the presence of the pale yellow or white stripes on the leaves. These stripes are believed to contain a higher concentration of certain compounds that may have health-promoting properties. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims.
In general, the fruit of Garcinia indica is used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including digestive disorders and skin conditions. However, the effectiveness of these uses has not been proven in scientific studies. If you are considering using Garcinia indica for any health purpose, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider to determine if it is safe and appropriate for you.