Bring Nature's Beauty to Your Home with the Goolar Umber Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Goolar Umber, also known as Ficus racemosa or cluster fig tree, is a native tree to India, South-East Asia, and Australia. It's an evergreen, fast-growing tree and can grow up to 30 meters in height. The tree is well-known for its multiple uses in traditional medicine, food, and cultural practices.
- Location: Goolar Umber prefers well-drained, fertile soil in full sun or partial shade. It can tolerate a range of soil types but thrives best in loamy soil.
- Propagation: Goolar Umber can be propagated through seeds, cuttings, or air layering. Seed germination can take up to 3-4 weeks.
- Spacing: Plant the saplings at a distance of 6-8 meters apart to provide ample space for growth.
- Watering: Water the Goolar Umber plant regularly, especially during the growing season. Allow the soil to dry out slightly between watering.
- Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer every 6-8 weeks during the growing season to promote healthy growth.
- Pruning: Prune the tree to maintain its shape and remove any dead or damaged branches.
- Pest and Disease Management: Goolar Umber is relatively pest-resistant. However, keep an eye out for common pests such as scale insects, mealybugs, and aphids. Use appropriate organic or chemical treatments to control these pests.
- Temperature and Humidity: The tree can tolerate a wide range of temperatures but grows best in areas with moderate to high humidity.
- Frost Protection: Goolar Umber can be damaged by frost. If you live in a frost-prone area, consider protecting the tree during the colder months using frost cloth or other insulating materials.
- Medicinal Uses: The bark, leaves, and fruits of the Goolar Umber tree have been used in traditional medicine for treating various ailments, such as digestive disorders, skin diseases, and respiratory issues.
- Edible Fruits: The fruits are edible and can be consumed fresh or dried. They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Cultural Significance: In Hinduism, the Goolar Umber tree is considered sacred and is often planted near temples. The tree is believed to possess spiritual and purifying properties.
- Environmental Benefits: The tree is an excellent choice for reforestation projects and can help prevent soil erosion due to its extensive root system. It also provides habitat for various bird species, insects, and other wildlife.