Brighten Your Garden with a Stunning Delonix regia (Gulmohar) Tree - Buy Now!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
Common name: Gulmohar Tree, Delonix regia - Plant
- Leguminosae or Fabaceae or Pea family
Delonix regia, commonly known as the Royal Poinciana, Flamboyant, or Flame tree, is a tropical and subtropical ornamental tree with vibrant red-orange flowers. Native to Madagascar, this tree is widely grown for its aesthetic appeal and shade-providing properties.
- Climate: Delonix regia thrives in tropical and subtropical climates with minimum temperatures above 40°F (4°C). It does not tolerate frost well.
- Sunlight: The tree requires full sun for optimal growth and flowering.
- Soil: It prefers well-draining, sandy or loamy soils with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0.
- Water: Regular watering is necessary during the initial growth stages, with reduced frequency once the tree is established. Overwatering may lead to root rot.
Planting and Propagation
- Propagation: Delonix regia can be propagated through seeds or cuttings. For seed propagation, soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours before sowing.
- Planting: Plant the seeds or cuttings in a sunny location, ensuring a spacing of at least 20 feet (6 meters) between trees to allow for ample growth.
- Germination: Seed germination typically takes 1-2 weeks. Regularly mist the soil to keep it moist during this time.
Care and Maintenance
- Pruning: Regular pruning helps maintain the tree's shape and encourages healthy branching. Remove dead or diseased branches, and trim back any branches encroaching on buildings or walkways.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer once or twice a year to promote healthy growth.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor for pests such as aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites. Control with insecticidal soap or horticultural oil if necessary. Watch for fungal infections such as leaf spot and root rot, and treat with appropriate fungicides if needed.
Benefits of Delonix regia
- Aesthetic Appeal: The striking red-orange flowers and fern-like leaves make Delonix regia an attractive addition to any landscape.
- Shade Provider: The tree's wide canopy offers ample shade, making it an ideal choice for parks, gardens, and streets.
- Erosion Control: Delonix regia's extensive root system helps stabilize soil and prevent erosion in suitable environments.
- Wildlife Habitat: The tree's flowers and seeds provide food for birds, while its canopy offers shelter for various wildlife species.
Conclusion Delonix regia is a stunning and versatile tree that adds beauty, shade, and environmental benefits to any tropical or subtropical landscape. With proper care and maintenance, this eye-catching tree will thrive for years to come.