Bring the Vibrant Beauty of Guzmania Claret to Your Home - Get Your Plant Now!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Guzmania Claret
- Regional name:
- Hindi: गुजमानिया (Guzmania)
- Bengali: গুজমানিয়া (Gujmaniya)
- Tamil: குஸ்மானியா (Kusmāṉiyā)
- Telugu: గుజ్మానియా (Gujmāniyā)
- Kannada: ಗುಜ್ಮಾನಿಯಾ (Gujmāniyā)
- Malayalam: ഗുസ്മാനിയ (Gusmāniya)
- Bromeliads, Flowering Pot Plants, Indoor Plants, Terrific Tropicals The Ideal Gifts
- scarlet red Guzmania
- Guzmania 'Claret' is a beautiful bromeliad plant with striking red foliage and a stunning flower spike. This tropical plant is native to South and Central America and is an excellent addition to any indoor or outdoor garden.
- Choosing the location: Guzmania 'Claret' thrives in bright, indirect sunlight. Place it in a well-lit area, but avoid direct sun exposure as it may burn the leaves.
- Potting mix: Use a well-draining, porous potting mix that is suitable for bromeliads. A blend of peat moss, perlite, and bark is ideal.
- Pot selection: Choose a shallow pot with drainage holes to prevent root rot. A pot that is slightly larger than the plant's root ball is suitable.
- Temperature: Guzmania 'Claret' prefers warm temperatures, ideally between 60-80°F (15-27°C). Avoid placing it near drafts or air conditioning vents.
- Humidity: Maintain a humidity level of around 60-80%. Use a humidifier, or place the pot on a tray of water-filled pebbles to increase humidity.
- Watering: Water the plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil feel dry. Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half strength every month during the growing season. Avoid fertilizing in winter.
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged leaves as needed. Once the flower spike has faded, cut it back to the base of the plant.
- Repotting: Repot your Guzmania 'Claret' every 2-3 years to refresh the potting mix and provide room for growth.
- Air purification: Guzmania 'Claret' is known to remove air pollutants, improving indoor air quality.
- Low maintenance: This plant requires minimal care, making it suitable for novice gardeners and busy homeowners.
- Decorative appeal: The bright red foliage and striking flower spike add a touch of exotic beauty to any space.