Stunning Purple Guzmania Torch Plant for Sale - Add a Pop of Color to Your Home
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Guzmania Torch
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Guzmania
- Bromeliads, Flowering Pot Plants, Indoor Plants, Terrific Tropicals The Ideal Gifts
- Annas family
- Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Flowers once in many years, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Cream, Off white, Light Yellow, Pink
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- Less than 50 cms
- Plant Spread or Width:
- Less than 50 cms
- Plant Form:
- Special Character:
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Attracts birds
- Attracts bees
- Animals will not eat
- Hanging or weeping growth habit
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- - An unique color. The flowers were clicked in very hot summer. Normally they have a definative pink hue.
- These gems come to us from the equatorial jungles of the Amazon. They are highly evolved plants who have mastered the art of survival.
- They are relatives of the common Ananas.
- These spectacular plants are long lasting and easy to grow.
- Their symmetric shape, bright flowers and capacity to stay well indoors makes them a popular indoor plant as well as an exclusive gift.
- Plants are started from seed by very specialized growers. They take 3 to 5 years to bloom after germination. This makes them a bit expensive.
- The generic name is to honor the Spanish botanist A Guzmann.
- Flowers appear in the centre of the rosette and in the leaf axils.
- Plant leaf bases form a cup which holds water.
- The color is quite long lasting - and they stay colorful for over two months.
- - All bromeliads have very fine roots. They originally come from high rainfall areas of South America.
- In their natural habitat they grow up on trees very much like orchids.
- Their fine roots grow amongst the bark and trap plant and animal debris that decomposes over time and provides nutr8ition.
- The leaves form a cup in the center of the plant. This cup holds and stores rain water.
- As they come from areas with regular rainfall – these plants require regular irrigation. However this water must not stay in the potting mix.
- Care should be taken that the leaf cup which holds does not dry out.
- Plants require a fair amount of humidity and therefore grow well in the company of ferns or other foliage plants.
- After flowering - remove the flower spike or head. The plant will get new young shoots or pups from its base. These can be potted separately once they are big enough to handle (have 6 to 8 leaves) For detailed growing tips refer the article below