Buy the Stunning Heliconia Red Magic - Add a Pop of Color to Your Garden Today!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Heliconia Red Magic
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Heliconia
- Musaceae or Banana family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for screening
- Good on seaside
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Over hundreds
- Heliconia caribaea purpurea is a species of flowering plant in the family Heliconiaceae. It is native to the Caribbean region, including Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico. The plant is also known by the common name "purple bird of paradise." It is a tropical plant that is often grown for its showy, brightly colored flowers, which are typically purple, pink, or red. The plant has large, banana-like leaves and produces its flowers on long, erect stems. It is a popular ornamental plant in tropical and subtropical regions, and is often used in landscaping and as a cut flower. It prefers warm, humid conditions and well-drained soil. It is sensitive to cold temperatures and can be damaged by frost.
Heliconia caribaea purpurea is a tropical plant that is native to the Caribbean region. It prefers warm, humid conditions and well-drained soil. Here are some tips for caring for this plant:
Keep the plant in a location that receives plenty of indirect sunlight, such as near a south- or west-facing window. Avoid placing the plant in direct sunlight, as this can cause the leaves to yellow or become scorched.
Water the plant regularly, keeping the soil evenly moist but not waterlogged. Allow the soil to dry slightly between waterings, and reduce watering during the winter months when the plant is dormant.
Feed the plant with a balanced fertiliser every two to four weeks during the growing season (spring through fall).
Pinch off any spent flowers to encourage new growth and keep the plant looking tidy.
Protect the plant from frost and cold temperatures, as it is sensitive to cold weather. If you live in an area with frost, it is best to grow the plant in a container that can be brought indoors during the winter months.
If the plant becomes too large or overgrown, it can be trimmed back to control its size.
By following these care tips, your Heliconia caribaea purpurea should thrive and produce beautiful, showy flowers.
Heliconia caribaea purpurea is a tropical plant that is often grown for its showy, brightly colored flowers. Some possible benefits of growing this plant include:
Adding beauty and interest to the garden or home: The purple, pink, or red flowers of Heliconia caribaea purpurea are eye-catching and can add a touch of tropical charm to any garden or indoor space.
Attracting pollinators: The nectar-rich flowers of Heliconia caribaea purpurea may attract hummingbirds, butterflies, and other pollinators to the garden.
Providing cut flowers: The long-lasting, colorful flowers of this plant can be cut and used in fresh or dried floral arrangements.
Improving air quality: Like all plants, Heliconia caribaea purpurea helps to purify the air by removing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen.
In addition to these benefits, Heliconia caribaea purpurea is generally low maintenance and easy to grow, making it a good choice for gardeners of all skill levels.