Buy Heliconia Caribaea Bihai Jacquinii & Orange Spear Online
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Heliconia Orange Spear
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Heliconia
- Musaceae or Banana family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Orange, Yellow
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 2 to 4 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Special Character:
- Good for Cut flowers
- Good for screening
- Good for Hedges and Borders
- Good on seaside
- Grows best in humid and warm regions
- Generally available in India in quantities of:
- Less than a hundred
- Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini is a hybrid plant in the Heliconia genus, which is native to tropical regions of the Americas. It is a tall, upright plant with colorful bracts (modified leaves) that are typically red, orange, or yellow. The plant produces small, white flowers that are surrounded by these showy bracts. Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini is often grown as an ornamental plant in tropical gardens and is also used in landscaping and as a cut flower. It is a relatively low maintenance plant that thrives in humid, tropical environments with moist, well-draining soil. It is important to protect it from strong winds, as the tall stems can be easily damaged.
Here are some tips for caring for Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini plants:
Light: Heliconia plants prefer bright, indirect light and can tolerate some direct sun. However, they should be protected from intense midday sun, as this can cause the leaves to yellow or scorch.
Water: Heliconia plants prefer moist soil, but be careful not to overwater them. Water the plants regularly, but allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Overwatering can lead to root rot, which can be fatal for the plant.
Soil: Heliconia plants prefer a well-draining soil mix that is rich in organic matter. A mix of peat moss, perlite, and compost is a good choice.
Fertilizer: Heliconia plants benefit from regular fertilization. Use a balanced fertilizer (such as a 20-20-20 formula) every two to four weeks during the growing season.
Pruning: Heliconia plants may need to be pruned to remove any damaged or diseased stems. Prune the plants in the early spring, before new growth begins.
Pests: Heliconia plants can be prone to pests such as aphids, mealybugs, and thrips. If you notice any pests on your plants, use a suitable insecticide to control them.
By following these care tips, your Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini plants should thrive and provide you with beautiful, colorful blooms for many seasons.
Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini plants have a number of benefits when grown in the appropriate environment. Some of the benefits of these plants include:
Ornamental value: Heliconia plants are known for their showy, colorful bracts, which can add a tropical touch to any garden or landscape. The bracts of Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini plants are typically red, orange, or yellow and can add a splash of color to your garden.
Hummingbird attractant: Heliconia plants are known to attract hummingbirds, which can be a beautiful and enjoyable sight for any gardener.
Cut flowers: Heliconia plants make for beautiful cut flowers and can add a tropical touch to any floral arrangement.
Landscaping: Heliconia plants can be used in landscaping to add height, color, and a tropical touch to gardens and outdoor spaces.
Easy to care for: Heliconia plants are generally easy to care for, as they are low maintenance and thrive in humid, tropical environments with moist, well-draining soil.
Overall, Heliconia caribaea x bihari jacquini plants are a beautiful and easy-to-care-for addition to any tropical garden or landscape.