Shop the Vibrant Heliconia Latispatha Fat Lat and Heliconia Orange Yellow Plants
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Heliconia Orange Yellow
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Heliconia
- Musaceae or Banana family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Normal, Can tolerate more
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Foliage color:
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Form:
- Spreading, Upright or Erect
- Heliconia latispatha is a species of flowering plant in the family Heliconiaceae, native to Central and South America. It is commonly known as "fat lat" or "shrimps in a pot." This heliconia is an herbaceous perennial that grows up to 3-4 meters tall and has broad leaves up to 1.5 meters long. The plant produces tall, elongated inflorescences that bear small, yellow flowers. The flowers are surrounded by bracts, which are modified leaves that are often brightly colored and showy. Heliconia latispatha is grown as an ornamental plant in tropical gardens and as a cut flower. It is also used in traditional medicine in its native range.
To care for Heliconia latispatha, follow these guidelines:
- Plant in well-draining soil in a location that receives partial to full sun.
- Water regularly to keep the soil moist, but not waterlogged.
- Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer every two to four weeks during the growing season.
- Prune off dead or damaged leaves as needed.
- Protect the plant from frost, as it is not frost-tolerant.
- Repot the plant every two to three years, or whenever it outgrows its current pot.
In addition to these general care tips, it's important to keep in mind that Heliconia latispatha is a tropical plant and may require special care in non-tropical climates. In cold climates, it may need to be grown in a greenhouse or as a houseplant. In warm climates, it can be grown outdoors in a protected location.
- Heliconia latispatha is grown primarily as an ornamental plant, and it is known for its showy, brightly colored bracts and small, yellow flowers. It is often used in tropical gardens and as a cut flower in arrangements. In addition to its aesthetic value, this plant may have some potential medicinal benefits. In traditional medicine, it has been used to treat a variety of ailments, including coughs, colds, and fever. However, it is important to note that there is limited scientific research on the medicinal properties of this plant, and more research is needed to fully understand its potential benefits. As with any plant used for medicinal purposes, it is always best to consult a healthcare professional before using it.