Bring Life to Your Garden with the Elegant Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis #52 Splash Plant
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order, Maximum Convenience: Get Plants Shipped to Your Doorstep with Kadiam Nursery
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Hibiscus Splash, Shoe Flower
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Jasvandi, Hindi - Jasut, Bengali - Joba, Gujarati - Jasuva, Kannada - Dasavala, Malayalam - Chembarathi, Punjabi - Jasum, Sanskrit - Japa, Tamil - Semparuthi, Telugu - Java Pushpamu Dasana
- Malvaceae Hibiscus or Cotton family
1. Introduction to Hibiscus Splash 'Shoe Flower' Plant
Hibiscus Splash, also known as 'Shoe Flower,' is a variety of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis. This tropical flowering plant is known for its large, vibrant, and colorful blooms, which resemble a splash of color. It is an evergreen shrub that can be grown both indoors and outdoors.
2. Plantation of Hibiscus Splash 'Shoe Flower'
- Location: Choose a sunny location with well-draining soil. Hibiscus plants prefer at least 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- Spacing: Plant Hibiscus Splash at least 3 to 5 feet apart to allow room for growth.
- Soil: A slightly acidic soil (pH 6.0 to 6.5) is ideal for growing Hibiscus Splash. Use a well-draining soil mix rich in organic matter.
- Watering: Water the plant consistently to keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. Reduce watering frequency in the winter months.
- Temperature: Hibiscus Splash thrives in temperatures between 60-90°F (16-32°C). Protect the plant from frost and extreme cold.
3. Growing Hibiscus Splash 'Shoe Flower'
- Fertilization: Fertilize the plant every 4-6 weeks during the growing season with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning: Prune the plant in late winter or early spring to encourage bushier growth and more blooms. Remove dead, diseased, or damaged branches as needed.
- Pest and Disease Control: Watch for common pests such as aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites. Use insecticidal soap or neem oil to control infestations. Regularly inspect the plant for signs of fungal diseases and treat with fungicides if necessary.
4. Caring for Hibiscus Splash 'Shoe Flower'
- Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch around the base of the plant to retain moisture, suppress weeds, and regulate soil temperature.
- Winter Care: In colder climates, bring potted plants indoors before the first frost. Ensure they receive adequate light and reduce watering.
- Propagation: Propagate Hibiscus Splash by stem cuttings or seeds. Take semi-hardwood cuttings in late summer and plant in a well-draining potting mix.
5. Benefits of Hibiscus Splash 'Shoe Flower'
- Ornamental Value: The striking, colorful blooms of Hibiscus Splash add a tropical touch to any garden, patio, or indoor space.
- Medicinal Properties: Hibiscus flowers have been traditionally used for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. They may also help lower blood pressure and support a healthy immune system.
- Environmental Impact: Hibiscus plants help support pollinators such as butterflies and hummingbirds by providing nectar.