Buy Fresh Red Sorrel (Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra) Online - Perfect for Teas and Jams!
( Plant Orders )
- Discover High-Quality Plants from Around the India with Kadiam Nursery
- Kadiam Nursery: Your Premier Destination for Wholesale Plant Orders
- Minimum Order of 50 Plants Required for Each Plant Variety
- Vehicle Arrangement for Plant Transport: No Courier Service Available
- Global Shipping Made Easy with Kadiam Nursery: Order Your Favorite Plants Today
Please Note: Plant Variations May Occur Due to Natural Factors - Trust Kadiam Nursery for Reliable Quality.
- Common name:
- Red Sorrel, Roselle, Florida Cranberry, Indian Sorrel, Jamaican Sorrel
- Regional name:
- Marathi - Ambadi, Patwa, Hindi - Patwa,Lal Ambari, Manipuri - Silo Sougree, Tamil - Sivappukkasuru, Simaikkasuru, Malayalam – Pulichchai, Telugu - Ettagomgura, Yerragogu, Kannada - Pulichakeere, Pundibija, Bengali - Mesta, Assamese - Chukiar
- Vegetable, Shrubs
- Malvaceae Hibiscus or Cotton family
- Sun growing, Semi shade
- Primarily grown for:
- Flowering season:
- Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
- Flower or Inflorescence color:
- Pink, Purple
- Foliage color:
- Blue Grey or Silver
- Plant Height or length:
- 1 to 2 meters
- Plant Spread or Width:
- Less than 50 cms
- Plant Form:
- Upright or Erect
- -Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra is a variety of hibiscus plant that is native to tropical and subtropical regions of the world. It is also known as Roselle or Red Sorrel. The plant has large, lobed leaves and produces showy, red flowers. The calyx of the plant (the outer part of the flower that encloses the petals) is used to make herbal tea, which has a tart, cranberry-like flavor. The calyx is also used to make jams, jellies, and other preserves. In addition to its use in food and drink, Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra has a number of medicinal properties and has been used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments.
Plant care :
To care for Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra, it is important to provide the plant with well-draining soil, plenty of sunlight, and regular watering. The plant prefers to be grown in full sun, but it can tolerate partial shade. In terms of watering, it is important to keep the soil evenly moist, but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering the plant again. It is also a good idea to fertilize the plant regularly with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer.
In terms of pruning, it is a good idea to trim the plant regularly to promote new growth and to remove any dead or damaged branches. Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra can be prone to pests such as aphids and whiteflies, so it is important to keep an eye out for these pests and take steps to control them if necessary.
It is also a good idea to protect the plant from extreme temperatures, as Hibiscus sabdariffa var. rubra is not frost-tolerant. If you live in a region with freezing winters, it is best to bring the plant indoors or provide it with protection from the cold.